1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There are always sad sack Texans fans no matter what the team does. We cant stop the negativity...it is what it is.

RocketTOOL likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never overeat. Again, 5 of the 6 picks were Nuk targets and Nuk was directly responsible for 3 of them being interceptions. I'm not saying he can't turn things around, but he's been bad thus far.

Rodman23 likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

The issue the quarterback's accuracy and decision and a presently inexperience and injured o-line. I'd sprinkle a little of BOB on top too since he is running the overall show on the ground.

Now then... Fuller and Hopkins are like the perfect yin and yang as a receiving duo. Fuller is able to stretch the field out while Hopkins works the middle.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Heard the same thing yesterday. Plenty of time to turn it around.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The dude played 1 special teams play lol

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Looking like a great addition!

8. Sanity2disChaos

Bad. Noooooooo... have you played football competively before?!! This is nothing and oh yeah 4 games in

9. Sanity2disChaos

This guy gets it!!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course i have, and even if I hadn't that wouldn't make me incorrect about it. When a WR directly causes 3 interceptions in only 4 games....it's bad. It is the same as if a RB fumbled the ball away 3 times in 4 games. It's just unacceptable for what you are expecting to be a top tier player. Like I said, there's still time for Nuk to turn his season around, but he's gotta be better going forward.

11. dmoneybangbang

It's laughable to suggest Nuk needs to step it up, just laughable. Oz needs to throw it better and make better decisions, plain and simple.

Houstunna likes this.
  12. rezdawg

Hopkins has an 80.9 rating through 4 games on PFF...good for 13th in the league. Yeah, he's not playing at top 5 level (right now), but it's hilarious to put so much blame on him, lol.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's not laughable. He needs to do a better job when getting jammed at the line. The oline needs to do a better job protecting Brock to give time for Hop's routes to develop. Brock needs to do a better job with accuracy and decision making when throwing Hops way since he's not getting as much separation this year.

It's multiple factors and everyone has to do better - it's a team game.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if you have no idea what you are watching when a football game is on and just go by PFF ratings then your recent hot takes make a LOT more sense. If you can't admit (or recognize) that Hopkins hasn't played well thus far then it's sort of the end of the conversation. We're just at two different levels and there's no way to bridge that gap.

15. dmoneybangbang

Of course it's multiple factors... however Nuk is below Oz and the O-line on the list of priorities to fix. To suggest "Nuk needing to step it up" is anywhere near the top of the list IS laughable.

16. dmoneybangbang

LOLOLOLOL.... Just stop.... You are wrong and get over it.

rezdawg likes this.
  17. rezdawg

Yeah, it's hilarious.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Both of them needs to develop some much needed chemistry. And the coaching staff need to do better in getting Hop open. Put him in motion, throw in some bunch formations and line him up in the slot. That way he's not getting jammed at the line of scrimmage.

19. rezdawg

Hop was fine with 4 back up QBs last season...I dont think he all of a sudden forgot to run routes...he's been successful from the moment he stepped on the field in a Texans uniform with nothing more than journeymen QBs. Osweiler needs to learn the tendencies of his stud WR before anything else.

Mr. Clutch and Htownballer38 like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I think chemistry is part of the problem, but another part could be Nuk being unhappy with his contract or perhaps that he gave in to distractions in the off-season and didn't put in the kind of work needed. I'm not sure what the reason for the issues between Osweiler and Hopkins, but they need to work it out because it's not a problem between Osweiler and any other receiver. Nuk is too important to have to avoid due to the kinds of issues that have plagued them early in the season.

Htownballer38 likes this.