1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There is no way the Texans let him walk. Zero.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Throwing to him in double coverage certainly has.

Firm believer that it's been on Brock more so than Hop for those poor exchanges.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bobby are you really going to blame Hopkins for the Osweiler interceptions?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nuk has been at least partially responsible for at least 3 interceptions this year. On one he ran a sloppy route and wasn't where he was supposed to be on a timing route (this has happened more than once but only led to one interception that I remember), another he just straight up let a DB take the ball out of his hands which is unacceptable, on another he popped a ball up in the air that he couldn't catch and made it an interception instead of an incompletion. None of those are interceptions if thrown to ANYONE else. They might not have been catches, but they wouldn't have been interceptions. Given that passes to Nuk represent 5 of the 6 total interceptions, it's pretty clear it's a Nuk problem.

I expect better from someone that believes himself one of the best WR's in the game. Perhaps he should have spent less time buying purses in the off-season and more time working on his game, I don't know. Whatever the cause of his poor play to start the season, he needs to get it fixed, now.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nuk IS to blame for at least 3 of them. The 2nd interception on Sunday was 100% on Osweiler, but the first one was Nuk turning an incomplete pass into an interception.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We need to put Jonathan Joseph on offense so that he can defend Osweiler's passes.

tmactoyao and Rodman23 like this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think "the hoodie" would totally let him walk rather than pay top 5 money for a WR. It depends on how much BOB wants to work from the '******* Patriots' playbook.

If it gets to the point where some team throws Demarius Thomas money at him, do they want that much tied up in a WR long term?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's very much true. No way he agrees to pay top 5 WR money to a guy who has created that many turnovers going against the team. He'd lowball him and then show him the door.

9. rezdawg

He'd trade him for a 2nd round pick. No way the Patriots would let him walk... You always get something for the player before letting them walk.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't see why not... cap room is hardly ever an issue in the NFL I mean aren't we like 10 million under the cap right now? Worst case scenario you cut guys on bad contracts like you would anyway

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was suggesting using him while he's still with the team, the Texans have Nuk for this season and one more under the current contract, and then not offering a contract after that when he's unrestricted. You wouldn't trade him because you'd want to use him as long as you could.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Jesus.. 4 games in, Hop getting double teamed and being on the wrong end of a few INTs, and Fuller being "better than we thought, but not all-world" and we have people calling for Hop to be let go?! you people are ridiculous...

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it was just "on the wrong end" it might be one thing but a better way of saying it is "causing literally half the interceptions that have happened this season and being the intended receiver on 2 of the other 3. It's pretty clear that right now passing to Nuk is a bad idea.....that shouldn't be the case if he was really a top tier "elite" WR. How many top tier WR's have caused half of the total interceptions on their team? Hell how many WR's have caused that many interceptions this season period?

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fair, but he was elite last year with balls being thrown from a dumpster fire. I like Osweiler, and I want him to do well, and I really think that they can fix this chemistry. But the only change from last year to this year is the QB, so I am not turning on our allstar WR just because I want him to be better. They both need to do better, but if anyone deserves the fans trust right now through 4 games it is our top 3 WR from last year, not the newbie QB.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness I do think that Nuk will turn things around, I'm just pretty disappointed in him thus far BECAUSE of how good he was last year. That's really what put my expectations for him as high as they are. A WR of his caliber can't be making those mistakes as often as he has. Hopefully 4 games from now we'll look back and laugh about his poor start to the season because he'll have turned things on and get back to being the dominant WR we all expect him to be.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not what I'm calling for. It's not what I want. But it is absolutely something that The Hoodie would do. He has a long track record of not paying for receivers.

I sort of entertained it as a "ha ha what if" when they spent a first and two thirds on receivers in the last two drafts. The thing is, the more time goes by, the more they are not doing anything to disabuse me of the notion.

Its not an issue of my desires or plans. It is me trying to predict their plan based on the actions they are taking.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They don't have a plan, IMO. They're panicking from one decision to another. The 3 picks for Strong plus Shorts-Washington free agents didn't work out so they used more picks on WRs.

That said, I am a fan of this pick.

18. conquistador#11

I heard mark vandercarrschaunumweiller remind me of andre's 2012 1600 yard season when he had a span of 9 receptions in 4 games at the start of the season. then I remembered the threads from around that time. cool story bro.

4 freaking games.

19. Sanity2disChaos

You are seriously overeating!! Big O has many questionable throws to a few receivers. Nuke is fine. Still top 7-10.

20. rezdawg

Right...the hoodie trades players before their final year...just like he did with Chandler this last offseason.