1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was never attempted election interference by the United States because Russia doesn't have legitimate elections. Stop trying to equate actual elections with a nation who jails and murders political opponents to their leader.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m not asking for Trump to declare war on Russia. I’m asking for him to get his feet off our flag, our service men and the intelligence community that has worked hard and found the Russians GUILTY of trying to destroy our election process. They stole voter information. US citizens have had their identities compromised.

They least Trump could do it not say, “my people tell me things but I’d rather beilive a dude that denies his troops shot down a passenger plane over Ukraine”

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you hit someone, and they hit you back, isn't the best way forward to just put those incidents in the past and work to not have them happen again? You are still advocating Trump throw a b**** fit when Putin wouldn't own up to what he did (incidentally we aren't willing to own up to what we did in 2012 either)

The foolish hostile actions of the Obama administration led to this point, continuing hostility won't get us where we want to go.

4. dmoneybangbang

Lol. No one advocating to throw a b**** fit. You have no leg to stand on so you are throwing stuff at the wall and nothing is sticking.

Are you talking about how the Obama Admin brought a reset button to a meeting and was panned for it?

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If you hit someone and they hit you back and admit that they hit you back and say they are sorry and willing to move forward without anymore hitting, then yes that would be great.

If they hit you but then claim that they didn't hit you and would never in a million years hit you despite the photographs that you have of them hitting you, then you don't just move forward and pretend that they are correct.

But the analogy is wrong. We didn't hit Russia. We helped pay a boxing coach to work with someone who was three weight classes below Putin to attempt to box him anyway. Then Putin hit us.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

I guess we deserved 9/11 because of the missteps in the gulf. Give me a ****ing break.

Should’ve just said, yeah we were wrong, our bad, let’s not escalate this

edwardc likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn't logically follow. Sure the Russians don't have fair elections, but there absolutely was attempted election interference by the US....I know that you would do anything to avoid criticizing Obama, but that did happen, and it's the reason for the hostility since 2012....including Crimea.

That's incredibly foolish and shows that you don't know how diplomacy works. The fact that you know someone is lying is irrelevant, you don't get anywhere by accusing foreign leaders of lying while trying to get them to work with you.

Also, you should stop crying for the intelligence community, they know how these things work, they weren't legitimately insulted by the president not insulting Putin publicly. Trust me, I'd know better than you.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I do criticize Obama and refused to vote for him in 2012. I voted for a write-in candidate that year. But let's try and stick to the facts at hand and not about which politicians I support or don't support.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that we don't admit hitting them in the first place, why would they admit hitting back? See how that works? We know that we hit them, they know that they hit us, neither side will admit to it publicly so harping on that is counter productive.

LOL funny enough you are denying it right now, why would Russia admit to what they did when the US won't admit to what we did publicly?

You just have to try and see things reasonably and that'll mean you understanding that your boy Obama did screw up.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The US has admitted to supporting Putin opposition. I think we are pretty open about supporting democracy groups there.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Conspiracies ha! Wish you were black or brown like me so you or your family could tell stories about how their government "protected" them. Not so sure you would call out your parents or grandparents for lying but know maybe you are really a shitty person so you might.

I'm happy someone is doing something differently. I couldn't care less about Trump or Putin personally and how they are feeling. I couldn't care less about public grandstanding for show. Two-face, hypocrite, public pandering is all we've ever had and I'm sick of that ****. I'd rather publicly say we're cool and privately say we're not with actions. The James Harden approach where you don't want people to know you're sick because you don't give a **** what they think. You got work to do behind the scenes and you're going to do your best to do it public and media opinion be dammed.

Don't talk to me about convenience because you're breaking Twitter and CF.net records since Trump won the election but you weren't doing **** when Obama was in charge despite all his lies and bullshit. You gotta be on the DNC payroll brother so don't talk to me about convenience. And surprise suprise m'fer Obama did some good things and some bad thinks just like all POTUS do. Your patriotism is convenient just like Trump's, doesn't matter if it's left or right patriotism. And you love Twitter and posting on the internet more than Trump does! You two are basically the same.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You're like Trump in the sense that you can ramble on for multiple paragraphs without a coherent premise .

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Oh LOL. I know you’re trolling but hey I enjoy your gimmick. You’re forgetting history my friend and have the most reduculious view on diplomacy I’ve ever seen. Your grasp of dealing with foreign actors must come from North Korea text books.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sounds like someone's trump doll got pissed on again... why the snowflaking?

I thought it was important to acknowledge that trump won, that he was the president. So who is going back in time to whine about the previous president?

Face it... trump sided with russia over the combined conclusions and advice of the American intelligence community AND the republican-led congress. Furthermore, he had the audacity of comparing what russia has done with what the United States has done. Geez... I can only imagine what would have been said if past presidents would have done that.

Last... please continue to count and read all my posts here... I get paid per view and get a bonus for every reply. Thanks!!

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Just in case someone wants an intelligent discussion of the Trump Putin meeting outside the hysterics of Fox News (confused war lovers, yet fans of the Trump tax cuts for Rupert Murdoch and other oligarchs) orthe hysterics of the MSN crowd (anti-Trump, but devotees of their parent GE's military industrial portfolio.
    Glen Greenwald and Ciricione a liberal arms control expert who seems somewhat Trump deranged.
    https://theintercept.com/2018/07/16...the-trumpputin-summit-russia-and-us-politics/

Deckard likes this.
  17. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I guess they are going to have to update this to include a 3rd option: My country is at fault, Hillary's emails, electoral college, stable genius.

[​IMG]

getsmartnow and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t think it’s fear at all. They won’t admit it but I’ve come around the believe they envy the government and societal structure that Putin has constructed. It’s exactly how they want the US to be in our own way with country music, bigger churches, and guns.

The “Trump is just avoiding war” narrative is nothing but political spin. It’s abundantly obvious and there are few other ways to see it at this point. They see Democracy as nothing more than a growing global liberal whose who club and feel agreived about it. The world has changed and for some reason there is a percentage of Americans who envy Russia’s authoritarian conservative right wing state over the Democracy that Reagan, the Bush’s, and Obama helped create along with the post WW2 global allies of the west.

Say what you want about Trumps intellect, but he’s smart enough to know this audience and knows exactly what they want even if they don’t know it yet.

#98 dobro1229, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't understand what I'm saying, there's no chance you are married.

Yeah there's a difference between admitting to merely supporting Putin opposition and what really happened. You are doing your best to make it seem like what the US did was innocent, but it wasn't. The US was attempting to overthrow the Russian government via more aggressive means than Russia engaged in when they merely hacked the DNC and operated some troll farms.

When both sides know what the other did, and I'm sure they talked about it in private, what good would come from publicly calling them a liar? You don't gain anything from that other than pandering to an unhinged portion of the American public.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's fine the way it is. Your options are "I forgive you" and "I cannot forgive this offense" and our friends on the left are very clear as to which option they want to go with. An attack on the DNC is unforgivable, doesn't matter how many people have to die.

MojoMan likes this.