1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I know that you are more informed than this.

President Trump needs Russia's cooperation to deal with the North Korea and Iran nuclear proliferation problems and also resolving the Syrian civil war bloodbath and the Ukrainian/Crimean standoff. Add to that the ongoing cyberwarfare and active measures (which includes election interference) offensives by both Russia and China, and that probably about all the international problems that we need to have over the next 6.5 years.

It should be noted that ALL of these problems were going on and were increasing during the Obama regime, and were left unresolved by the same.

We need to somehow change the tone with these countries and try to find a way to live together more harmoniously than we have been in recent years. To accomplish any of the issues noted above, we need Russia's cooperation. That will assuredly not be achieved by behaving in the way that the Democrat left routinely does these days, and lashing out at Vladimir Putin during a press conference, the purpose of which is supposed to be to facilitate the improvement of relations between these two presidents, and our two countries.

But I guess you just want to go to war? If not, then how do you think we can resolve any of these issues while acting out towards Putin and the Russians, or just having a pouty-fit and ignoring them. What you are endorsing here is certain to fail.

I am glad that Trump - flawed though he surely is - is taking a more mature approach with a longer-term bigger picture perspective than you and his critics are.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Rand Paul owning CNN and killing all the Trump hating talking points.

Bobbythegreat and MojoMan like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pee Tape and dirt on Trump's businesses. He is PUTIN'S b****.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if that was the case Trump wouldn't even run for president or resigned very long time ago.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why? He is RIGHT WHERE THE RUSSIANS WANT HIM. No Hillary and they have a Puppet as President. I'm sure the Russians showed their dirt on him AFTER he won the Nomination or Right after he won the Presidency. Trump's ego wouldn't let him resign. Plus......the Russians would stop him by threatening to release the info..

7. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

Or maybe just, Trump enlisted Putin's aide from the outset so he could get the biggest reality TV stage possible for his huge ego and in return helps to pull Russia back into the super power status that they so miss. Not much of a stretch with these egomanical leaders.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yeap. I was listening to npr today and was shocked when this very question of why came up. They were so shocked at the press conference (jaws dropped), they wondered why openly.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

After this meeting I've never been more certain that the pee tape is real.

Nobody would behave this way unless they were being blackmailed.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is the Manchurian President. Anyone who doesn't see that is either blind, totally stupid, or both.

We need Republicans to have some balls and get rid of that cancer. The fact that I would rather have Pence over Trump is testament to how much danger this country is in.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Same here. Pence is a severely partisan ideologue and theocrat, but I can sleep easy at night knowing he isn't abusing the office of the President for his own personal gain or selling out his country to foreign or hostile interests.

For the love of God Republicans, save us from this nightmare. Put an adult in charge.

plutoblue11 and peleincubus like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have been captured by propaganda. The posts you are making are astonishing in their attempt to justify that which is unjustifiable. That there are people like you in this country, and I'm assuming that you live in the United States, who believe the twisted nonsense you are spouting is unfathomable to me. You are an extremist captured by Russian propaganda and the cult formed around trump. I wouldn't have believed such a thing possible in this country if I weren't witness to it. What a sickness. I would feel sorry for you if the sickness weren't so dangerous. With all due respect. You aren't alone. I'll give you that.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is eyebrow raising to see how many people are brainwashed by propaganda. Makes one truly understand human history a lot better.

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For the ones who genuinely believe this is a "deep state conspiracy" I would like to point to the case study of how the US under the Bush adminstration gathered intellegence to invade Iraq. In that case there were actual members of the intellegence appartus who came out stating explictly that they had a goal which was to invade Iraq and worked backwards to to "find" evidence that supported going to war.

See, when there is a massive machine like our intellegence gathering apparatus, there are many moving parts with many different people. These people aren't hive minds. If this was truly a deep state conspiracy then you would have genuine whistleblowers coming out and stating this.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he doesn't need any of that. That might be helpful but it isn't needed. We had the treaty with Iran helping to keep them in check. We have allies to help with all of this.

But a better-negotiating tactic would be to point out that helping with those things is mutually beneficial to Russia as well. Pointing out that it is both of our nations' best interest.

This isn't about going to war. I don't want to go to war. What I want is to protect American democracy from the attacks from Russia at the orders of Vladimir Putin.

Calling Trump's approach mature is assinine.

plutoblue11, Deckard and Nook like this.