1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why was Harden booed by Wolves fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCkid, Apr 24, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Houston booed CP3 everytime he touched the ball un the 1st 2 games of the POs in 2015?

DCkid likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

NBA fans hate cheaters of the nba game, and Harden from time to time enters cheat mode.

3. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Booing Harden was whatever to me. I mean, I get a lot of the hate he receives especially if he’s not on your team.

However...

There was a moment in the game where Capela got knocked out of the air and landed with a hard “thud”. He stayed down for a minute and the announcers even expressed concern for him.

The fans booed. Mercilessly. When he got up (gingerly), THEY BOOED LOUDER!! I know it’s the playoffs and all that but you should not wish injury on another teams player. I wish someone took a video of it and it went viral. It really angered me.

Stay classy Minnesota.

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Low IQ fans.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

tbh, I think if OKC survives the first round, Westbrook will be booed or mocked quite often by Rockets fans.

Some star players are more hated by the opposing fans than others.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

was there a game Wb was booed everytime he touched the ball in last year's playoffs?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

True.

I wonder if the crowd would've been saltier if they presented the MVP during that round instead of the postseason joke ceremony that it is now.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on that one and assuming they were booing at the call because they felt it was a 50/50 ball and not a foul. I disagree, forget who it was, but the player clearly came through Capela's arm and he was jumping kind of backwards so he couldn't adjust to the contact and had a bad fall. It looked a lot worse than it was, but it was still a foul and rightly called. But just prior to that, IIRC, there was 1 or 2 bad calls on Minny so they were prolly just still bitter abt that.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm undecided on whether this is a good or bad thing. It takes away the drama like when Hakeem used it to fuel himself against the Spurs. But it also hopefully keeps the players more focused on the playoffs. No award should be given during the playoffs. The only award that matters is that trophy. I've almost never seen them present the MIP and other awards so maybe it would be cool to see all that in one televised event. I'll watch this year and decide.