1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Rockets will make Playoff next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2003, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

A statement like that just proves the point about basketball IQ. MoT may be a bit overpriced but he is still a very good, quality player. Rice has had a great career and was a positive influence on the team last year. He may not be able to put up the numbers like he used to but i see him as a eddie johnson type player who leads by example and can occasionly go off for 15 or so points if he gets hot or is left open.

I would not sell this team short. Remember that when we just missed the playoffs 2 years ago, we did not have Griffin or Ming. MoT was in his first season with us was just learning the system. Now we have Griffin and an older ( and hopefully wiser) MoT to combine with Ming(I hope) and whoever the #15 pick is.

I like our chances...so stay positive... :D :D :D

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If the Rockets stay healthy and that is if, with Ming putting up better numbers than when Griffin started 14pts 8 rebs and 2 blks, then 47-50 wins is not out of the question. I'm as realistic as it gets and i thought the yr before the Rockets overacheived to get 47 to beat up on the weak east. Although i still think the east is weak, no way will they sweep a division, but with the play of Ming and Eddie and the return of Taylor and Cato playing his natural bench position, I can see them being a lot better than the 47 win team. The defense will be much improved with Ming and the offense will be better also because of him. I'm not putting the weight of the franchise on his shoulders, but the center play around the league is horrible. He can be decent with his size and strength and at least get those numbers i threw out. By the last 2 months of the season, he will improve by leaps an bounds.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I definately will bring that comment up during the season if you're wrong. --- and laugh my butt off at you.

Mo is a decent player who is already working out daily for next season - they say slimming down rapidly. Rice is far better than 'a crippled old man'. They will both help. Cato is starting to perform to a level that adds to the team, unlike his pitiful start.

If Francis remains healthy he will be a huge help.

Its seems if I asked you if a glass was 1/2 empty or 1/2 full your response would be 'nearly empty'.

Its reasonable to say that a 40+ win season is possible and even likely without major injuries.

BTW:
    Ming even the 1st year brings lots of nice coaching situations to the table, especially against the many '5' challenged teams. 7'5+ guys are rare. Last year some guard centric teams were doin layup drills on us - not with Ming.