1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is this all focased on me??

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Voice of Reason, Jun 18, 2001.

1. The Voice of Reason

sure i have the best team, butfor some reason all this controversey is focased on me. its not like marshall is a god and ceb sucks. the are damn near equal in my mind. there are GMs out there that are deffinately trying to get away with something. why are you all focasing on my??

i have had very limited internet up untill 2 days ago, and it seems as though there was alot of plotting against me. this i kind of expected, but not quite to this degree. all the boddom feeders are gonna be trying to take down the big cheese. its natural and i expect it. i guess its a little flattering. my concern it how i became the bad guy. i have done nothing but respond to accusations, i have never initiated conflict. several of you got together and decided what i could and could not do well before i even decided my intentions. to me, that is wrong.

i made one roster change this entire season. i made it at the 34 game mark. the players that i began to start at that point are not concidered starters my much of the league, why i ask. why cant i make a simple substitution. there are teams out there that make substitutions every week. who are their starters?? why would amanager ever rish making substitutions all year. i for one dont want to feel as though i cant experiment with my roster throughout the season.

much of the league thinks i am cheating because i made a substitution that i am cheating.... great. than all of you guys are way worse than me. if there are teams trying to hide talentit is not me, the Mavs. i am offering 2 very talented players to the draft. i am not attempting to hide players like larry hughes, or shawn marion. i am not putting up a complete scrub.

i would have been a cheater if i started eisley at mid season to keep kidd, but its not like that. i started a scoring SF over a rebounding SF. there is no sin in that. its simply a coaching decision. something that happens all the time. at the time I prefered a better scoring punch. my team was out rebounding the competition by 4/game, so i could afford putting in a better scorer.
    in the playoffs i will likely go for rebounds. as rebounding wins championships(kinda like defence) but ultimately it depends who i play
    i will be alternating between ceb and marshall throughout the playoffs.

i have done nothing wrong, so take your witch hunt else where. if you want to burn someone at the stake, look elsewere.

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like accusing you because it takes the focus off of me and my attempt to hide Matt Maloney.

Shhh, don't tell anyone!

------------------
    I have just realized that the stakes are myself
    I have no other
    ransom money, nothing to break or barter but my life
    my spirit measured out, in bits, spread over
    the roulette table, I recoup what I can
    nothing else to shove under the nose of the maître de jeu
    nothing to thrust out the window, no white flag
    this flesh all I have to offer, to make the play with
    this immediate head, what it comes up with, my move
    as we slither over this go board, stepping always
    (we hope) between the lines

3. The Voice of Reason

yeah, my bad heath, i just remembered his name as one mentioned in another thread. i suppose i ment all the players protected by trades and such.

and lesser teams being given an exception. hell i didnt even know he was on your team [​IMG]

what is up with that trade exception?? i couldnt make a trade and put up the traded for starters last season??
    i thought i should have been allowed, but the rule has changed i guess

whatever
    no harm no foul

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What trade exception for lesser teams?

------------------
    I have just realized that the stakes are myself
    I have no other
    ransom money, nothing to break or barter but my life
    my spirit measured out, in bits, spread over
    the roulette table, I recoup what I can
    nothing else to shove under the nose of the maître de jeu
    nothing to thrust out the window, no white flag
    this flesh all I have to offer, to make the play with
    this immediate head, what it comes up with, my move
    as we slither over this go board, stepping always
    (we hope) between the lines

5. Heath

Heath Member

There is no trade exception for lesser team - what has been allowed is for any team to trade up, and not risk giving up the player you traded up for as long as you still have the player you was supposed to give up before that trade.

Examples: Vonteego Cummings/Larry Hughes and Jahidi White/Raef LaFrentz.

I think that was a good rule - this way you will not get punished for trying to improve in the season, and then trades do not need to be stopped as why would anybody trade for someone if it meant that they would lose more in the draft.

If you really think about it, it makes sense:
    Why should Bulls lose Larry Hughes and the draft pick they traded to get him? Isn't it enough that they lose Vonteego Cummings who would have gone to the draft anyway and their pick? Atleast when you think about that the pick would have been very high (he would have beena worse team without Hughes this season) and probably would land a better player than Hughes. I think it is admireble of gettinbranded to do his best to improve right away, and not tank to wait for his picks to improve.

What was forbidden last year, and I hope is forbidden this year also, was to trade DOWN so you didnt have to give up to much in the draft while getting paid for this move in players or higher draft picks.

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

6. The Voice of Reason

i hear ya heath, but that wasnt what i ment

last yuear i wanted to aquire a star player for the 2 guys i ended up giving up in the draft. but i wanted to get 2 of the other teams starters that i could then give up in the draft.
    otherwise i would have had to give up 2 of my all stars in order to make this trade. this was deemed not allowed, but it pretty much is allowed now

i also think it should be allowed, but i dont thik rules should be flexable.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

7. Heath

Heath Member

That was a trade down that was denied - and trade downs should be denied this season also.

you wanted to trade player A+B (and more?) for a player C you wanted to keep for your two players you was supposed to send to the draft (A+B), you also wanted to get 2 players D and E that you wanted to put into the draft. That way you ended up with a player C instead of the "nothing" you would have for giving up A+B. This is considered a trade down and player D+E was not allowed into the draft as they were thought of as less than A+B.

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

It's FOCKASSED pal

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

9. The Voice of Reason

i thought about it, but i wasnt feeling very Hakeemish when i wrote this

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I don't care anymore if you put Ceb in the draft. I still think Marshall is better, but not so much so anymore that I think Ceb doesn't belong in the draft. I just want to hear what Cat has to say about all the nonsense.

------------------
    CC.NET Sim League Web Page
    My Team (Sonics)

Feeling claustrophobic, like the walls are closing in.
    Blood stains on my hands, and I don't know where I've been.
    I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet.
    I'm chomping at the bit, and my palms are getting wet.
    Sweating Bullets

Runnin', Ravin', Endin', Out.

11. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, I'm hiding Shawn Marion, and will never ever let you guys get him. [​IMG] Hey wait he is a starter - have started every single game for me - and I have declared him as such for the draft. But I'm not giving him up. I have 5 starters and only need to give up 2.

I know you didn't go after me with your Marion statement as I actually am not after to hang you. I have said repeatedly that if The Cat decides Ceballos is a "starter", then I am fine with it.

So to define starter: Of course Ceballos is a starter in the degree that he has started a lot of games for you - even more than Marshall. What some people thought is that you did not want to lose Marshall (and you don't want that) so you tried establishing Ceballos as an equal quality starter (he has to be of equal quality to be allowed in the draft, The Cat has said that there is no set numbers of games that qualify a player as a starter to be eligeble for the draft as he didnt want people establishing scrubs as starters to make them eligeble for the draft.

Ceballos is no scrub. Damn he would perhaps [​IMG] even go in the 1st round of the common draft. And there has been no problem with you changing your roster - you could have changed them every week for what I care, but I hope you agree that if you used Malone coming of the bench all year that you still knew he was your "starter" in quality. And it is the starters in quality that was supposed to be sumitted to the draft.

This is the core of the problem - many felt that Ceballos was not close to Marshall in quality (in quality meaning simular production). Even Cat said at one point that he had no intention of letting Ceballos enter the draft as he in there so you could calculate his starting numbers, and his numbers was not as good as Marshalls.

To give you an example from my team. I started Tony Battie over Hakeem Olajuwon to calculate his production as a starter. I liked more the type of producting Dream gave me as a starter than Battie so I put Battie back on the bench. To put it to the extreme I could have started Battie from that point on to give up Battie over Dream as they were not that far of in production. I think I would say that Battie's numbers to me was about the same amount worse than Dream's as I see Ceballos compared to Marshall. (Both in my opinion of course). What is different in our teams that your team is so strong that starting Ceballos didnt hurt you much. I believe if I had continued starting Battie I would have had no chance in fighting with Bucks for #1 out east. So you can allow yourself to start a "lesser" (IMO) player to qualify him as draft-fodder.

I hope you see my point of view - and I do see yours.

I can again say I'm fine with whatever The Cat decides. I just hope you can be too.

------------------