1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you dislike Obama?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Jul 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Bush raised it to $1.5 trillion, why can't you get even basic facts correct?

2. GladiatoRowdy

My biggest problem with Obama is that he didn't take his mandate and shove it right down the GOP's throat, despite their constant crowing that he did. He bent over backwards to try and include them, even long after it became clear that they would refuse to work with him on absolutely everything.

Had he done things in this vein (push for single payer in order to get a public option, push for things like a transaction tax in Dodd-Frank, etc.), there likely would have been more excitement over his presidency from the far left, leading to lower losses in 2010 and the ability to get more done for a couple more years.

He wanted to unite the country so badly that he didn't believe the GOP when they showed him that they wouldn't ever work with him on anything.

2 people like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... I love when the wingnuts find that outlier conservative to trot out there when convenient. In the past it was Ward Connerly to speak against affirmative action. More recently it has been Herman Cain and Ben Carson. And now... Sheriff Clarke. Oh, they will e quick to point out he is a registered Democrat (which must have been necessary to get elected in Milwaukee). But he supports all GOP candidates, is a huge NRA supporter (and NRA supported). And BLM critic. Which gets him plenty of air time on right wing talk shows and of course, Fox News (whenever Sheriff Joe is busy I imagine).

Of course, bigtexx makes sure to identify him as "Black Wisconsin sheriff" because (1) it must be really special for a sheriff to Black ("hey look... he is Black!") and (2) he must be really special, since he isn't just the Sheriff of Milwaukee, but of the whole state of Wisconsin (seriously bigtexx... if you are going to trot out your Black sheriff, at least get his position correct).

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The truth really tends to strike a nerve with you. Very defensive post from you, which indicates you cannot argue substance.

5. NewRoxFan

Clarke is viewed as an "iconoclastic sheriff," one of "a long line of controversy-courting lawmen" that includes Richard Mack and Joe Arpaio in Arizona.[14] Clarke has been "associated with those on the political extremes" on occasion, and has attracted attention for these "dalliances with the far right."[15] In 2013, Clarke accepted the "Sheriff of the Year Award" by the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, a group of sheriffs founded by Mack.[15] The group is identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center (which tracks hate groups) as a "radical-right" organization.[15] Earlier the same year, Clarke appeared for an interview on the syndicated show of Alex Jones, who is "best known for his anti-government views and conspiracy theories on everything from fluoride to the 9-11 terrorist attacks."[15]

Clarke is a frequent and vociferous critic of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement, referring to it as "Black Lies Matter" and terming the movement as a hate group.[16][17] Clarke has referred to BLM members as "subhuman creeps" and has "calling for the movement's eradication 'from American society.'"[17] Clarke's stance on the movement has been criticized by the Milwaukee chapter of the NAACP and other activists.[17]

Clarke's has harshly criticized various black critics of police abuses.[18] He has called former Attorney General Eric Holder an "a-hole" and accusing him in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee of "outright hostility' toward police; referred to Al Sharpton as a "charlatan"; and criticized Beyoncé for her halftime-show performance at Super Bowl in 2016.

Clarke is a strong supporter of Republican Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, saying that he would "do everything I can" to help Trump win the presidency.[19] Clarke has been added to the list of speakers at the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.[20]

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Dude has been on a racist rant for the entire weekend. Somebody needs to close the liquor cabinet.

7. bigtexxx

Posting walls of text from unlinked sources? You're really flailing. Not a good look. Gather yourself.

8. NewRoxFan

Google isn't that difficult of a tool... perhaps using it might provide you more background information on the people your support. Here's the link (and the linked source includes additional citations in case you have further questions):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Clarke_Jr.

I look forward to further educating you...

9. bigtexxx

This is too rich! I literally LOL'd when you revealed your source as....WIKIPEDIA!

You're circling the drain, son. You're really getting humiliated here. Gather yourself.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lots of people hate him because he is black, won't say it, but it is obvious.

People don't like change....

Obama has been the best President in the last 50+ years and one of the greatest ever.

DD

1 person likes this.
  11. GladiatoRowdy

As opposed to the sources you cite, which would be none at all.

If he is "circling the drain," then you've been in the sewage treatment plant (to no avail) for years.

12. bigtexxx

I cited CNN. The liberals' preferred choice. So you're very wrong, as usual.

13. NewRoxFan

The Wiki sources all of the original source documents. Which of those sources do you do you disagree with? I am sure you can provide citations.

Sorry if your spokesperson's background is a bit questionable. I am sure Sheriff Joe is available to comment on Obama in case Clarke's background reveals his bias...

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don't like him because I'm certain he has a much larger penis than me.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

FDR to Eisenhower was the best run outside of the first half-dozen, they rebuilt the country in ways that are probably undone forever after OIF and the Great Recession. Obama's strength is learning from those before him, the same way Friends became a comparatively "great" sitcom on NBC in the late '90s.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

The Truth has been spoken.:grin:

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look we agree on something.

I think Bill was a more skillful diplomat though.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Same reasons why I dislike Hitler, duh.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

After 6 pages, I don't think I'm any the wiser on why detractors don't like Obama.

For myself, I really like Obama, but there's stuff I don't like too.

* I think he started out a bit naive or inexperienced. He hurt his effectiveness in his first year or two trying to work with a Congress that wouldn't work with him. Maybe it is as B-Bob said, that he isn't the political mover and shaker we've seen from other presidents.

* I've appreciated his more reserved approach to international relations, and more judicious use of our war-making powers, but I also think he's made some morally questionable choices regarding the war on terror. After early moves to stop torture and rendition and to close Gitmo, he also has continued a drone strike program that inflicts collateral damage on innocents, he's continued domestic spy programs of suspicious constitutionality, and his half-measures in the Middle East have helped feed the fires of violence for years. I'm not sure I can even say what he's done is 'wrong' or that other paths would have been better -- I'm just not very happy with where we've ended up.

There's plenty about the last 8 years I'm not happy about, but I mostly don't blame Obama for them. Even on the things we've failed at doing (on crime, on guns, on immigration, on healthcare, and a host of other subjects), I at least agree with what Obama tried to do and can only fault him for not getting Congress to go along. But, as a coequal branch, they need to carry their own faults.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, Bush and his Democrat controlled house and senate raised it to 1.5 trillion in 2009.....