1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Do Republicans and their Voters No Longer Support Democracy in America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dobro1229, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Currently the Republican party supported by a large swath of Trump Voters are currently arguing that Trump should be re-installed as the next President against the normal Constitutional direction that the candidate who wins 270 electoral votes in the election becomes president.

Open question to Trump supporters: Why have you given up on Democracy, and the Constitution.... and why is Trump such a great President that he deserves what Presidents in the past were not given?

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They never cared about election integrity until they were on the losing side (look up history of Diebold for reference).

Now they're using the courts like that racist fat chick calling the cops on black people for having picnics in parks.

Law and Order...when I wrote the rules that worked for me!!!

Blatz, mdrowe00, Ziggy and 4 others like this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

his followers are brainwashed cult members. they are truly mentally ill and need help.

there are some cult members in politics (matty gaetz), but most of them know better. they are just terrified of trumps supporters so thats why they are being such hacks for trump (cruz, mcconnel, lindsey graham)

id feel sorry for them if they werent such hypocritical jerks about everything.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Democracy is based on the principle of equal representation, which the Republican party pretty openly rejects.

For their own survival they must discredit mail-in ballots because it makes it too easy for everyone to vote. The Republican party cannot win elections that way, as Lindsay Graham has recently pointed out. So what they are doing right now is not so much about overturning the election, but rather to manufacture resistance against mail-in voting within their constituency. I don't know if Trump recognizes this, but certainly that's what congressional Republicans are thinking.

#4 durvasa, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  5. lpbman

lpbman Member

“Maybe you do not care much about the future of the Republican Party. You should. Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”
    ― David Frum, Trumpocracy: The Corruption of the American Republic

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

OK, but this isn't a new phenomenon with the ascendancy of Trump. Republicans have been battling against democracy for a long while.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Conservatives' true racist, fascist, anti-science colors have really been exposed over the last 4 years.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Liberals want equality and try to play fair.
    Republicans want power and play to win, changing the rules if they need to, as long as they win.

Now they only care about power and winning. Fairness, and equality are for losers in their minds.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why are Republicans here not able to answer this question?? @Astrodome @dachuda86 @tmacfor35 @Os Trigonum @Commodore

I want to here directly from you guys... honestly... what is it about Democracy that caused you to no longer support it, or what is it that is so great about Trump that led you to say.... WELL FOR THAT GUY!!! LETS DO IT!!

Why?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. ths balla

ths balla Member

Just jumped in here to chime in...blanket statements about a whole swath of people(70M to be exact) based on ONE commonality is so aggravatingly dumb. I voted for Trump(whom I despise) over Biden(whom I also despise) and I support democracy and believe Trump should accept defeat and help with a smooth transition.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, if biden wins, he wins. You only think you are holier than thou

ROXRAN likes this.