1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do people want Brad Miller?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mfastx, Jul 9, 2010.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Some people here have stated that the Rockets should go after Brad Miller. Why? What can he do that Yao Ming/Jordan Hill/Louis Scola can't? Am I missing something? What is so good about his game that we need?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a Big that can spread the floor for Yao and has played in RA's system. He's better than DA that's for sure.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's an obvious fit.

P.S.: It's Luis. ;)

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

He's a big that can spread the floor plus he can shoot threes and pretty good from the FT line. He's also familiar with Adelman's system cause he used to play for him... What's not to like? ;)

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's actually a LEGIT center who can back up Yao Ming.
    he use to play for some guy name Rick Adelman.

6. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

No - you're not missing much. He's 34 and doesn't shoot well, rebound or block shots. His FG%, 3P%, and Rebound Rate are all worse than David Anderson - and that's not good.

I don't get how he would spread the floor when he shoots 43% for a big man, and still attempts 3's (at 28%). With the 'matadors' we have at guard (Brooks & Martin), we need bigs that can protect the rim.

Miller USED to be a very good player, but he's in steep decline. JUST SAY NO!

7. thefinalchapter

legit center my ass, dude is washed up, and can't block shots, we need a shot blocker and rebounder. he is a good player don't get me wrong, but i think we are better off getting tyson chandler a guy with some size in his contract year that will play hard, plus his contract expires after the season, and he is much younger than old ass miller.

people are overrating miller, didn't people say that ron artest played in adelmans system too, and often times he looked lost out there, especially in the playoffs

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Don't look at his stats from the Bulls too much. That Vinny Del Negro offense did nothing for Brad. Look at his Sac-town stats.

If someone is doubled, and Brad is open, he makes the jumper consistently. Rebounding? He's been close to averaging a double-double every season.

Is he a starter? Maybe not, but he's not in the decline you're suggesting.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anything over the Vet's Min and i will be pissed. At Adelman.

10. thefinalchapter

i am so glad somebody made this thread.

i have no idea why somebody said that it was abad idea to get tyson chandler( are you people crazy). dude is 7'1. 27 years and in the LAST deal of his contract.

plus all we had to give up was jj. i would love to have gortat too, but chandler would be perfect

11. thefinalchapter

he's definitly declining at 34 you don't get better you get worse.

lol stole that line from barkley

12. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

1) willing to come off the bench
    2) high BB IQ
    3) played for Adelman before
    4) cheap

13. Codman

He's had plenty of double-doubles. You need role players on a good team, so I don't think your analysis is fair. Tyson Chandler is one-dimensional. He can rebound, sometimes blocks a shot, but his career was/is in Chris Paul's hands.

Brad Miller: Career 11 points, 7 rebounds. You can't discount his IQ and leadership. He's tough and not afraid to stand up for his teammates.

14. Htown's2kFinest

Cause he played for the Kings...

and he's white ;)

15. Codman

He's not supposed to be the final piece! He helps in an area that the team needs.

Would you not sign Rasheed Wallace a year ago? He's in "decline" and can still play.

What do you propose? Bank on Yao being healthy for a full season and having Jordan Hill rarely making mistakes. He's still raw and needs time and leadership.

Brad Miller helps in many of those areas. Minutes, fouls, points, rebounds and knowing the system.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give him only one year and his contract will come off the books next offseason.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you watched the team at all last year, you know we lacked size and a legit backup center. Scola and Hayes filled in admirably but they were playing out of position. Hill is a work in progress and still may not be suited for the 5.

Miller is an actual center who could come cheap and is already familiar with Adelman and his system.

Every year, people b**** about not acquiring a legit center to back up Yao. Now that names are actually being thrown around this offseason, people are still b****ing. Can't win.

18. Htown's2kFinest

I feel if Miller joins, it'll be just like when Brent Barry signed. Two old white guys with little much left in the tank. :)

But I actually like Brent Barry.... atleast he can crack a joke.

Miller on the other hand I don't like. He is washed up and it ain't worth the money. He probably had his worst year last season statistically. His FG% was the lowest of his career and his rebounding was probably his worst too. Forget a system guy for once and go for what we really need and that's a tall defender on the block that grabs boards and alters/block shots.

19. worzel gummidge

These days he needs the medical mar1juana to be able to get on the floor. Unfortunately the League suspends him for it.

20. Htown's2kFinest

a friend of minds saw him once in when he still was Indiana riding in his SUV smoking his weed. probably still gets high.

yeah I know... cool story bro