1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why couldn't T-Mac just keep his mouth shut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Feb 18, 2009.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm a Rockets and a T-Mac fan.

I just have respect for other people, rather than just looking for the best possible way to screw someone over.

I understand that Tracy's time here has come to a close. I would be completely fine (hell, I would encourage) with the Rockets trading him in the offseason next year.

Trading him while knowing he needs surgery seems almost... illegal to me.

2. huzzar

huzzar New Member

great!

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dude, we're talking about Vinsanity here!!! What's wrong with you?

The Rockets could have been going into the playoffs with VC, Yao, Artest, Battier, Scola and the rest of the guys on the bench. What difference does it make to McGrady if he's been traded if he's not going to play next season anyway?

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

How do you not understand what I am saying? Trading Tracy while knowing he needs surgery for Vince Carter (when the Nets don't know that) is just, unethical.

That would be like me selling you a car, with broken brakes, for a bunch of cash, without you knowing it. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to you wouldn't you?

I don't care what we get in return. We could get Lebron James and I still wouldn't like doing it. It's just unethical.

With that being said, if the Nets knew that Tracy needed surgery and were willing to trade Vince anyways (which I seriously doubt they would), then they are morons.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

If we traded him and he failed the physical test, then who cares if he kept his mouth shut or not.

6. Ismail

Ismail Member

Agreed. Integrity has been lost in this madness, I see. Think about if that went down and the Nets made a massive fuss about it after they find out. Not only would Morey replace Pritchard as "the GM no one wants to deal with," but David Stern would flip out and do something to make sure we suffer for pulling that deal off. McGrady being out sucks, but on the bright side, we have an expiring contract in 2010 that could either a) land us a free agent or b) serve as amazing trade bait for a team desperately wanting James, Wade, Bosh, or Johnson.

7. nhr407

nhr407 Member

Couldn't be better. Keep it up. Go Rocket! I love this team. :)

8. nhr407

nhr407 Member

I post it in wrong places. It should be posted in Post-Game Analysis. I'm sorry. :D

9. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

UTAllTheWay,

To me, Tracy deserves blame because he clearly exaggerated the severity of his injury to make himself untradable. If this means he wants to stay in Houston, does it mean he'll try to work himself back? Now I am not so sure about that.....

With that said, I think the point is that Houston's team Doctor genuinely believed Tracy did not require surgery and that there were no structural damage that can be improved through surgery. You know he has his medical license at stake and doctors generally care more about their own reputations than what the rockets need, so I don't think we should question the medical staff's opinion as slanted because of the Morey's desire to trade TMAC.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd actually prefer to find out these results before the trade deadline. That way we at least know what we're dealing with. If T-Mac kept stalling and withheld pertinent information like this while the Rockets are trying to make moves that might involve him in their plans, that's stupid and bad for the franchise.

11. ArgentinaSlayer

T-Mac's announcement was completely irrelevant to our trade interests, because the Rockets have zero interest in trading him this season.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Because he doesn't want to be traded. I doubt we could have landed VC for him, but now his value is zero and he is still a Rocket...

Him telling SAS the news prematurely cemented him on our roster

13. crp02c

crp02c Member

Poor Yao! I want to cry. His window for a ring is already dwindling this year and Tmac is done for good! What a luck! Yao will never get a ring. Hopefully something miracle happens and we got a Gasol back.

14. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

Exactly. I've read that the Blazers are getting better offers for LaFrenz's contract than the Suns are for Amare. We are going to have a huge expiring contract to play with right before the biggest FA class ever hits free agency, in the middle of a bad economy when teams are looking to dumb salary anyway. This is the perfect storm for us. Whether he plays again or not, that contract is incredibly valuable now.

Oh and let me get this out of the way for you guys:
    "You stopped lurking for that?"
    "You never post!"
    etc.

15. duteman

duteman Member

tmac wants to advance to the 2nd round and get a ring as well...he has a better chance of doing that from the rockets bench than playing nj.

case closed all further questions will be directed to the dung pile

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You stopped lurking for that???

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The team has been throwing McGrady under the bus all season. I don't know why he'd want to damage his own career for the Rockets' sake.