1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's rooting against the Texans today???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fatty FatBastard, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Sorry, first and more than likely only time I will root against my team, but my hatred for the Titan's supercedes my love for the Texans, and the Colt's need to win the division.

Seriously, if the Titan's make the Superbowl in Houston, I'm buying a gun.

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

titans will beat colts when it matters.....colts have a hard game with denver if they play like they did today.....go titans

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you ever root against your team, especially when it doesn't directly affect your team, you're not a true fan of said team.

Simple as that.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Riiiiiight.:rolleyes:

My son's name is Derrick, who my ex-wife ran off with to marry a new guy in her home state of...... Tennessee, who is now being taught to become a Titan's fan.

Don't say things until you know................ the rest of the story.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So you root for a Texans' victory and a Titans' loss.

If you ever root against your team, I can imagine why she left you...

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

7. Fatty FatBastard

Fair enough, but I'm still VERY bitter about losing a team I grew up and loved.

I'll be honest and say I'm in deep like with the Texan's, and I know I'll love them just as much in time, but the feeling just isn't there yet.

Maybe it's the curmudgen in me.;)

8. Fatty FatBastard

Also, just an FYI, but back in the 90's a girl was talking about my obsession with the Oiler's and asked me would you choose your team over the woman you loved.

Without pause, I immediately said I would take my team. My reasoning? I can always find a new woman to love, but your team is your team for life.

Guess I spoke a little prematurely. However, I went to EVERY lame duck game. My friends would always ask me about them because the joke was before they left, I kept saying THEY'RE NOT LEAVING! I was in denial until the trucks pulled up.

However, when they did leave, it was just like a woman you loved leaving you. I could'nt root for them after they left. I have never and will never root for a team without "Houston" in the name.

Believe me RM95, I am definitely a Fan of my teams.:p

9. Fatty FatBastard

ALSO... Before the Texan's debut, I"d never heard of "Disturbed" before.

Now "Down with the Sickness" is in every collection I own.:p