1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's going to see the Astros in LA Aug. 28th?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by FranchiseBlade, Jul 28, 2005.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going with my wife, and a couple of friends. It's a family deal which means 4 seats 4 Dodger Dogs, and 4 sodas for a great price. It would even be worth it for two people to buy the 4 seats and each person gets an extra dog and soda.

Anyway if anyone is going to the game, and wants to meat up to concentrate our Astro fan power let me know.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Make sure you get those Dodger Dogs grilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

I am going to the game on the 27th. Field Box Tickets. Aisle 13. Great Seats. The company I work for has season tickets. Since I live not far from the stadium, I usually scoop up all of the unused tickets. Plus I get first dibs on at least one Astros game. I sat in these last year when Pettite pitched. I think it may have been the only game they won on their West Coast trip.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nice. My seats will be a bit higher. I went another family night at the game before. The Astros lost that one, and Gange set his saves record at that game.

I'm hoping to see some Astros revenge on the 28th. It would be nice for them sweep in LA. It might not be likely but it would be nice. Either way I love dodger dogs, and I like Dodger stadium a lot.

5. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

You know you don't have to wait a month to get a good deal for an Astros game? Sign up for their weekly E News Letter and you'll get tickets for 1/2 price every week when they're at home. Yesterday was one of those games. They don't just do it when the # 4 or 5 guy is pitching either. :cool:

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But in Los Angeles it is hard to see the Astros play in person. There are only certain times I can see them play at Dodger Stadium. I'm just glad that one of the games falls during family night, because it is a great deal. Thanks of thinking of the e-mail thing though. I appreciate the thought. If I was in Houston I would definitely take advantage of that.

7. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Ahh ok. Didn't know you from out of town and we had plenty of specials.

Well i hope you enjoy your trip here and the Astros better win that day! I remember when i was in SanDiego for a year and managed to go to every single game both times they were in town. Too bad they only won 1 game there. Especially since i was sporting' my Astros cap and shirt clapping when everyone else was silent. ;)

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

In 1987, a buddy of mine that I grew up with got 4 tickets for a Dodgers-Astros businessmans special at Dodger Stadium. Our seats were second row, right behind the Astros dugout. He and I and two other Texans went to the game. We must have drank 4+ beers each before we ever walked in, and continued to drink during the game.

We played the part of drunken, loud, obnoxious Astros fans to the hilt, even causing some goober Angeleno sitting behind us to yell MOVE BACK TO HOUSTON at us. We were shouting encouragement to every Astro we could recognize. The Astros won 2-0. Mike Scott pitched. They took him out in the 8th, and right before he stepped in the dugout on his way out, he looked directly at the four of us and tipped his cap. When the game was over, Eric Anthony tossed me one of his sweat bands. Fun stuff.