1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who you hope misses the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Mar 31, 2013.

?

Which team you hope misses playoffs?

1. Mavs

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Lakers

230 vote(s)
    76.9%
  3. Jazz

52 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Between Mavs,Lakers,or Jazz, who do you hope misses out and why

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lakers, because they're the Lakers. :)

Also, hopefully it would compel Dwight Howard to sign elsewhere.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Jazz. I want to Lakers to finish 8th, then get raped by the Spurs in the first round. It's getting boring seeing the Jazz as first-round fodder. Need a change of pace.

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Lakers just for the pure enjoyment of their fans having a meltdown until next season starts.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In a normal season it would be Jazz but this is no normal season. I'm hopping the Lakers miss the Play-offs,

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden -- the Rockets play much better without him.

1 person likes this.
  7. Gil

Gil Member

Why do people want the Lakers out? Playoffs are a million times more entertaining/interesting with them in it.

Jazz in my opinion. Most pointless franchise in the NBA at the moment along with the Bobcats and Hawks.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lakers so my friends can sit back and watch other teams in the playoffs while their teams not

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Is there any chance that all 3 could miss? Because seriously ... **** those teams.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

2 of those teams are going to miss out - so you should have let us select 2 options from the poll!

Lakers, Jazz. (Lakers most of all!)

Hopefully Dallas makes it.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Lakers and Utah. I am rooting for Dallas to make it because I like Dirk.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We should still tank and make this season worth it for the future.

Mchale is an awful awful man, and Morey is up his ass in Moneyball.

WHY DIDN'T LIN SCORE 40 WITH HARDEN GON???

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i actually like the dallas squad and i'm glad they're making a push. hate the lakers

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

*Cough* Rockets *Cough*

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I hope Lakers miss because it will solidify what I think of kobe and his legacy. Not only that,I think it really helps the rockets get howard. In the poll,the lakers are the only team shooting for a ring and they might not even make the playoffs. Oh, the joy.

1 person likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I just want a tough first-round matchup for the Spurs. I thought that would be the Lakers, but honestly the Mavs might be a tougher out for them based on how all 3 teams are playing right now.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Did you forget the end of the Spurs game or the OKC game... If you realistically think this is a playoff team without Harden your just missing some things in between the ears dude.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and this, kobe is not in the line of jordan and it will solidify his legacy of what it truly is. a guy who was blessed to play his entire career with the lakers

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers -- it would help us get Dwight. The handwringing coming from LA would be amazing.

Also, the Lakers' pick is going to Phoenix from the Nash trade, so they wouldn't even benefit by being a lotto team.

Similarly, I think this Dallas team's window is closing. I'd rather they make the playoffs and get a worse pick and not get a better chance to rebuild in the long term.

1 person likes this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

because **** the Lakers.

because of all the hype and expectations for this year's team.
    because they were picked to appear in the Finals by every analyst, had a winless pre-season, started their season horribly and never picked up the pieces after a knee jerk firing of one coach who was not right for their system and the knee jerk hiring of another coach who was not right for their system.

it took them over 60 games to even reach .500 and become playoff contenders. they have had nothing but a litany of excuses and they are on the verge of one of the biggest failures in the history of professional sports.

there is nothing more that I wish than to see them fail and miss the playoffs. it would be a small market fans dream to see it come true. I don't give a crap if they make the playoffs exciting, and frankly, I don't buy that sentiment anyways. they have been horrible in the second round of the playoffs for two years in a row, including under the so called savior of coaches Phil Jackson.

as a Rockets fan, I have seen a team that came back with two sophomore players Parsons and Smith (who spent the majority of his rookie season in the D-League) and major off-season signings and trades, and a coach who lost his daughter at the beginning of the season- out perform, out hustle, out class, and flat out embarrass a team that was picked to win it all.

and the greatest storyline of all would be if we were the ones to knock them out on the last night of the season, crushing them and the David Stern conspiracy theorists out of the water.

1 person likes this.