1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you prefer? Kevin Love, Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leangle25, May 18, 2014.

?

WHO?

1. Kevin Love

474 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Deron Williams

17 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Carmelo Anthony

95 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Rajon Rondo

132 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Who would you guys prefer in the rockets?

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Love fits this team like a Glove. add a defensive 3 and hope that beverly gets healthy, then we are the best team in the league.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll say what i said in the other thread.

Team Melo. If he comes here it's to win. No other reason. Love is a guy that I feel is a young guy and is still worried about his 'brand' and that worries me.

I also think Melo would play plenty of stretch 4 here and that he could play Love's role plus more. He's just the much better player.

4. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

in said order:

1. Love
    2. Melo
    3. Rondo
    4. Deron Williams

Williams is washed up and overweight. he's also a system player. Sloan made him. he should've never gotten Sloan fired.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ the Deron Williams option...

1. Kevin Love
    2. Melo
    3. Rondo

1 person likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kevin Love.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

I'd "prefer" Indy blowing their team up and we go and get Paul George and okay him at the 3 and resign Scola and okay him at the 4.... But that proooooobably won't happen so --- RONDO!!! Two of HOU's biggest areas of concern are Defense & PG play. Rondo solves both!!

8. pass_to_Hakeem

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

While Kevin Love as a stretch 4 would do miracles for our offense, I don't think he would help this team's defensive woes, which, in my opinion are what hold them back.

A guy like Rondo will help run the offense better, but will become a liability since he is a poor shooter. But he will also invoke discipline into this team. I didn't think it would be close, but I think it is now that this team's flaws have become clearer. The difference will be what the respective teams ask for in return.At the moment, Boston is deluding themselves with their asking price. For Love, we don't really know.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin "I've never made the playoffs" Love?!
    Deron "Washed up" Williams!?
    Carmelo "Marshmallow" Anthony?!

:)

1 person likes this.
  12. 34to11

34to11 Member

D Will is a shell of his former self and on perhaps the worst contract in the league now.

Rondo is a strong defender and an upper-echelon playmaker but otherwise a poor fit for this team. His awful three point shooting, subpar free throw percentage and notoriously abrasive attitude are all red flags.

I like Kevin Love and on the surface he looks like the best fit but I can't shake the belief that his stats have benefited greatly from being on poor teams.
    Bigger than that is his defense is atrocious and that is a major concern on a team like the Rockets trying to compete in the West.

That leaves Carmelo, who although not a great defender himself, is leaps and bounds better than Love on that end. Plus he is just as elite an offensive player with a far more versatile repertoire.
    While Love is unquestionably a better rebounder, he has never been able to translate his spectacular personal stats into team success.
    Before this season Carmelo had never missed the playoffs while Keven Love has never made it.

My vote goes to Carmelo.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1- Love
    2- Rondo
    3- Carmelo
    Never- Deron

14. afk

afk Member

All we need is LOVE.

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I love the Rockets.

16. MystikArkitect

Mchale resigning.

1 person likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Note that its possible to trade for both Rondo and Love, contract wise.

18. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Would love to have Kevin Love, but our teams main problem is on the floor leadership. I give the edge to Rondo slightly.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Can you put an option for milsap + Lowry? I'd be curious to see how many people prefer to go with two borderline two way all stars than to go with 1 superstar that plays one end primarily.

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Damn Morey, you are just as confused as us fans huh? Dont worry we will help you pick one.