1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is to blame for the poor start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 20, 2012.

?

Who is to blame

1. Coaching

179 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Harden

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lin

50 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Bench

4 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. No one

96 vote(s)
    21.5%
  6. Everyone

88 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Morey

22 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yetti I think this might be your first post with out a :p

;)

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was talking about Lin. Plus, if not Lowry, then they should have kept Gogi. We had the PG's we needed. Either one of them would have fit better than Lin next to Harden. No disrespect to Lin, but it's obvious he doesn't fit well with a rebuilding team.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am suprised harden has as many votes as he has. I think he is responsible for 3 of our 4 wins.

4. Arthurprescott2

LOL oh badlee. Please disappear until the Rockets pick up another late first-rounder you can rant and rave about.

You add nothing to the discussion. You just regurgitate talking points that have been hashed and re-hashed time and again on this board. If you don't have anything substantive to add. STFU.

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I'm also surprised Harden gets as much negative votes as he did. But he is doing a rather poor job of being the #1 option. If you take out his first two games (the ones where no one had prepared for him), he's actually doing terribly.

Lin is also doing bad as a shooter. But unlike Harden he plays good defensive and runs a good offense. I think coaching is the biggest problem, followed by "everyone" because everyone not named TJones or M&M shares a little bit of the blame.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whether it is rehashed or not, it is the truth. The team has been set back with the decisions that were made over this past offseason. Unfortunately for you, i am going to be here. So get used to it.

7. redlawn

redlawn Member

Maybe we can get LBJ while we're at it too.

8. Nook

Nook Member

We don't get Harden without getting the lottery pick for Lowry.... who is injury prone BTW. Lin is fine, the owner wanted him and he has passed the ball well and defended well.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are in a far better position right now, than 12 months ago when you are looking long term....... not even close.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All that is fine, but we need scoring from his position and so far in the past 5-6 games he is 17-56 shooting.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

What do you expect when you have a team whose starting five have never been the regular starter in the NBA before? The team is doing what it's expected, up & down, inconsistent, inexperience, lots of mistakes.

The only thing is not expected is bad coaching.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Coach, I know you know about Harden's upper respiratory ailment. And you know that it will flat out drain you physically. If you would connect the two it would be helpful!;)

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Harden has been the only consistent offensive threat.

14. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

15. Gil

Gil Member

Lower your god damn expectations. Continue evelop Lin, Harden, Parsons, T Jones & D-Mo.

Tank for a Top 5 pick.

Sign/trade for a legit #1 option next year.

Improve the bench.

Get rid of the two clowns running the team and bring in a Championship caliber coach.

Ban all the emotional LOF's from here permanently.

/thread

P.S. Can you fanboys stop it with the Lowry/Dragic nonsense by the way? Lowry's the only one I would have kept here but we ain't getting Harden if he stayed. Carry the circle jerk over those two to the dish please. I loved watching them but they ain't here no more, move the f**k on already.

Dragic is obviously better than Lin but we already know what he will be.

Lin has been pathetic shooting wise but he's been impressive in other areas and I can see why Morey wanted him. Top 5 in Steals, Rebounds, Blocks in his position. Was Top 10 in assists not too long ago. FT% has been impressive as well.

If he continues to improve on his handle and shot instead of going on Far East Moolah trips who knows how he'll turn out.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Responding to the OP:
    There's no one to blame. This should be expected from the youngest team, not to mention the least experienced team, in the NBA! Harden himself just became 23 yrs old a few months ago! He's the same age as Morris, and younger then Parsons, Lin and Patterson.

Also this team has talent, but it's young undeveloped talent, and as things currently stand we're not a playoff team THIS YEAR. So everyone chill on the whose to blame bull ****, and learn to have some patience with this really young team.

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I guess that comes with the territory. No one is arguing that Harden is the best player on the team, but when you are paid as a MAX player, you are expected to play like one EVERY GAME. So far, he only did that in half of the games. On top of that, he just doesn't play much defense, which really hurts the team.

With that been said, I won't put Harden as the No.1 reason, not even close. I'd put the youth as the number one reason, coaching as the 2nd.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Why the fudge does Harden have so many damn votes, if he wasn't on our team we would be winless besides the 1st Detroit game.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Who says this is a poor start? The Rockets just aren't a very good team. 4-7 seems about right for this group of players. I think the Rockets may have some talent, but that talent is very young talent. The Lakers, Memphis, Portland, and Utah are all better teams than the Rockets. The Rockets shouldn't be winning against those teams. The Rockets beat team like Detroit and New Orleans and that makes sense because they aren't very good. The Rockets will lose to the good teams and win against some of the bad teams. Why do people think we should be beating good teams?

1 person likes this.
  20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'm with you there