1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is to blame for the poor start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 20, 2012.

?

Who is to blame

1. Coaching

179 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Harden

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lin

50 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Bench

4 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. No one

96 vote(s)
    21.5%
  6. Everyone

88 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Morey

22 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Blame? They're doing better than I thought they would. I credit Asik for being a rebounding monster, and Harden for picking up the first 2 Ws on sheer adrenaline.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Interesting post. I agree with everything you said but a few things. I think you can be critical of the coaching staff for consistent dumb mistakes. Removing Asik when we need rebounding to close games (he did this twice even after he said he wouldn't do it again), playing TD in OT, taking out Lin in favour of TD when we were down by 10 & had all the momentum, not teaching the bigs the importance of setting screens in training camp. Like how hard is it to teach them something as simple as that? Those are just basic things that should be done irregardless of having young players.

I also don't think Lins overall play has been a disappointment just his scoring. Everything else has been pretty good. His shots are just short right now & once they start falling (they have to inevitably you can't miss so many open/good looks for an entire 82 game season -_- lol) I think that will open things up for him & the rest of the entire team.

Just some thoughts

3. VanityHalfBlack

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

For example, coaching, the timberwolves are playing without kevin Love and a still our a far better basketball team than the rockets. Would have loved to see Rick the Ruler coach Harden and Lin.
    [​IMG]

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Not enough talent. Need someone that can finish strong inside the paint. Asik blows easy buckets left and right and the pfs like shooting outside.

6. x123knight

x123knight Member

they do have the talent however they need coaches to maximize their talent. they need to take care of the interior defense. without it, the guards have to help out and they open up the 3 point shooters....... one way to see is that Jeremy Lin are getting some of the rebounds.

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think this poll's been freeped.

8. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Young players.

Give them time, they will get better. If we manage to stay close to .500 by midseason, we will make the playoffs.

9. Know Your Role

Young players, Lin's shot, poor coaching decisions, lackluster rotations, and poor identity on both sides of the court. Most of these can be cured but the lack of talent is really where it all begins. Guys need to start stepping up and coaches need to figure out what they are doing. Otherwise were drafting top ten. Which is fine. A top ten pick and free agent cap space can get us to the next step. Right now I feel like we are treading water....again.

To be honest, I love the team and all the players we have but it's looking like a rough ride into the lottery.

10. sando

sando Member

By "poor start" you mean we didn't dig a big enough hole?

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

poor start? what the hell do you people expect with this roster? Good lawd it's going to be a long freaking season for some of you.

Enjoy it when it's good, expect bad.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

How in the hell did 1000+ people vote for Harden as the problem?????

What games are you people watching? Without Harden we might have 1 win.

And what in the world was everyone expecting with this roster? We simply don't have the players or experience to do enough damage.

13. SunsRocketsfan

harden has two amazing games to open the season.. people thought he was the next jordan..
    Jeremy has now become Ereme and might be a worse shooter than Rafer.. amazing

14. Arthurprescott2

Wow... were people expecting Harden to single-handedly lift this franchise into the playoffs and thus are disappointed in his ineffectiveness the past few games? I don't quite see how this is all Harden's fault at all. Just inexperience from both coaches and players leading to breakdown of execution/identity.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I chose Morey because he was the closest choice to Alexander who is the real problem. Instead of actually trying to fix the team, he chose to chase the mighty dollar with acquisition of Lin. They really should have kept Lowry. Now we are stuck with a subpar SG trying to be a PG.

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

No, I think the poll got freeped.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think Adelman is a better coach, but the T-Wolves didn't just finish blowing up their roster. They should be better.

18. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

No one . This Team is the youngest in the nba. they ll have to develop and adapt somehow

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Friends! Les must be blamed for keeping Morey as the Manager! A man without any feeling for people and the game of Basketball!
    Morey is to blame for the selection of the coaches and their uneducated lack of effort and poor Basketball 'xs' and "os"
    The Coaches are to blame for the incorrect use of the talent available to them, especially Coaches McCale and Sampson .
    All + the fans are to blame to forgetting that the Rockets are in a rebuilding mode and will need at least another season and a a couple more very good players to turn the corner and be a championship contender.Yetti

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wait what? This makes no sense. Lowry got us Harden. People need to get over Kyle I would take Harden over him any day. Plus Kyle isn't even healthy right now & this is coming from somebody who loves Kyle Lowry. & Harden isn't a subpar anything. Or are you talking about Lin.