1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is to blame for the poor start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 20, 2012.

?

Who is to blame

1. Coaching

179 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Harden

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lin

50 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Bench

4 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. No one

96 vote(s)
    21.5%
  6. Everyone

88 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Morey

22 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. TTNN

TTNN Member

No, it is more damaging if we have a coach fall in love with him ;)

2. Gertso

Gertso Member

The team is very talented but also very raw and young. They are going to be inconsistent. Let them grow and allow Morey to add more players. What the hell is wrong with this place? Should I just stop asking that question at this point?

3. Gertso

Gertso Member

I needed that. Thanks.

4. jocar

jocar Member

The other teams are better

5. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Laugh of the night. :grin::grin:

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Howard, Al Jefferson along with Millsap and along with Aldridge all will be free agents. Howard will stay in los angeles, but one out of big Al or Millsap will leave. Millsap along with a guy like Harden who will create a ton of looks will be an borderline 18 to 20 points per game player

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

The fans. The organization, ie Daryl Morey, has said that, at best, we might be competing for the last spot of playoffs (ho-hum, slotted for another14th pick). He has reiterated that we are a player or 2 away from competing as serious contenders. Every 1 of us obviously want this organization to do better but some of our expectations are out of whack with reality.

8. nono

nono Member

The altitude was to blame for the Denver game.

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

The rotation is too damn predictable. The coaches must have a timer at their seats telling them when to bring TD in and sit JL. I bet the majority of the viewers can predict this.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oleKfixy-7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:grin::grin::grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I blame Morey, because this team is whack. I like Harden, Lin and Asik, having watched them in OKC, etc. last year, but they're not stars, except maybe Harden.

Asik has too many offensive liabilities to carry a team like a star center should.

Lin is probably best suited as a 6th man, spark off the bench. He could be productive for a contending team in that role. As a starter, he would need to be, like, the 4th best player. He probably could perform just as well as Felton on the current Knicks team, but Felton seems more durable than him.

Harden can't carry this team, he's at best a #2 option.

A top PF would greatly improve this team, but no way would it be a contender even then.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's why we tank for prospects, and then sign another free agent. The rebuilding process takes time

Harden and Asik is a good start

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The team is not talented nor experienced enough

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I blame the teams that have beat us!

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Experience. There is one proven player on the team. Everyone else is a suspect, a rookie, or not an NBA-quality player.

16. FearTheBeardJH

Hard to blame it on coaching, since team is almost overachiving. We beat Atlanta on the road and lost to Portland at home. We lost to Portland, because of Lin, who couldn't defend Lillard in OT. So it's Lin fault. Didn't even shot over 50% in a single game yet.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Is Asik that proven player?

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yea, Lin sure was at fault, especially when he wasn't playing in OT.:rolleyes:

19. split41

split41 Member

I agree with most posters here: coaching and inexperience.

I don't know about the lack of talent, I'd like to see how good these guys can get after a season together and maybe after adding another max player.

I'd like to see this team develop a bit before saying they aren't talented enough.

20. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Agree with everything you said. This team is far from being a contender, we need two or three more stars.

Harden is good but he's never going to be Kobe or even prime Tmac good. He's more like Ginobili, a solid 6th man but not a main piece.

Rockets still need a superstar, are we going to tank and get one through the draft or are we going to trade more assets? Given Morey's track record of turnstyle GM, I think he ships a few of these guys out to try and upgrade a bit more. The troubling thing is that we have no continuity on this team, everyone is on standby, nobody ever feels safe playing here because of the way we treat players as assets. That's the ultimate problem with Moreyball strategy, in the end the players will always feel like they never truly belong to the team, just stats and value projected out on a page.

Spurs do it the opposite way. That's why they've owned the SW division pretty much forever.