1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the leak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 12, 2020.

?

Who among us is the leak?

1. MDA

14.0%
  2. Morey

45.6%
  3. Other

40.4%
  1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm on record as saying MDA leaves every team in shambles he's ever been on. I got tons of push back for that.

I'm on record as saying Morey is deceptive. I've also gotten a ton of push back.

I think one of those two are the leak.

Who dunnit?

I'm going MDA here.

It's clearly someone who was with the team the whole time so someone disgruntled like Carrol is out of the running.

It reads like a complete disaster and MDA already couldn't get a job so I think he has a bone to pick. It said very little negative about Harden. It said almost nothing bad about MDA. Stinks of someone trying to prove he was right to leave. It makes both of those guys look bad without saying it. It lacks self awareness because anyone still associated with this team wouldn't want that out.

Ramo$e and bmelo like this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

A player or several. MDA could be involved as well. Morey I'd like to believe has more class than that.

Von Rafer, clos4life, kjayp and 4 others like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

MDA/EG for me. Based on how they react on the court

Von Rafer and treyk3 like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Austin Rivers has always struck me as a whiny b****.

While Tucker and Harden are locking down elite bigs, Austin is out there publicly crying about defending taller players. There is a reason he will be looking for his 5th team this offseason.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He might have already opted out.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If there is any leak, it's got to be Morey. It's in his interest to acquire Harden without giving up too much in return.

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I don't know but there is only one man that can fix this...

[​IMG]

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Da Dakota is the leak.

Bo6, clos4life, TheRealAllpro and 4 others like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Morey the puppet master. He is trying to force the Rockets hand into giving Philly Harden by devaluing his trade value.These reports are doing just that.

Also Westbrook is leaking stuff as well

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Leaks started after Morey left. He just seems like a Rat.

Crashlanded19, daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

If it was Morey, wouldn’t he be basically snitching on himself? He’s the main one who was obsessed with stars and created this culture of catering heavily to star players. He’s the one who forced Moreyball on every coach and was championing this ISO ball style of play because of its efficiency.

Also, he’d go so low as to try and put James Harden in a bad light to try and get him to request a trade and give Philly a shot at acquiring him? That would be real snake-like.

I think it’s more likely to be a combo of current and/or former players and current and/or former assistants like a Bzdelik maybe

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

I agree with you on MDA. The dude has quit every single one of his teams amid some drama.

But in this case, i dont think its him. It would be a major self-own as he didnt look so great in the article.

Invisible Fan and treyk3 like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Was just going to say former assistants indeed. And 100% agree with your take on Morey. It would really low.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't get the "Morey did this to get Harden" angle because, at the end of the day, Tilman has to sign off on the trade and I suspect he does not want to do anything that would help Morey or the Sixers out at this time. Unless Morey has somehow gotten Billy King dumb and decide to send out Simmons, Thybulle, and multiple firsts (aka a King's Ransom) I don't think Tilman/Stone will send Harden to Philly.

As for the leak, @KellyUnchained what are your thoughts? ;)

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dadakota's bladder is only thing that leaked.

coachbadlee and Pistol Pete like this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He left he doesn't care anymore. Just lower harden's value for a trade.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

If you’re the one leaking negative things about someone you claim you’re very close to, then you’re a snake. So Morey has no class and is that pathetic of a person? That’s what you’re telling me?

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think it could be one of the assistant coaches who also got tossed when mda quit

brasi? gunning?

Scarface likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Weird thread. DAntoni is still loved by all of his former players and staff and there's a reason he's working with Nash now. He has gotten screwed out of 2 championships by crazy circumstances.

Fans gotta run with their narratives though. Where's the fun in actually analyzing multiple factors that led to something when we can just have a tabloid thread. Amirite?

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes. Listen, I like Morey a lot, but consider Morey has been doing very un-Morey like things

The very un-Morey like trade for Westbrook. Even if he was forced, Morey wouldn't give up so much unless he was trying to destroy the franchise while planning his escape

Resigning his position to spend time with his kids only to get hired by Philly 10 minutes later and then it coming out that the Philly spot was being discussed while he was still with the Rockets.

We dont know this new Morey. He could be The leak or a Leak. Nobody is talking about the culture Morey created, and the way he coddled Harden, his first big move, they are talking about Harden and Russ.

Rocket River and kjayp like this.