1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is man enough to go to tonights game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 1, 2001.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cuttino and Steve are out!

We in for a serious ASS-whoopin by the Spurs! :mad:

Plenty of tickets available, so anyone going?

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That would be funny as hell is the attendance at tonight's game was zero. Quick! Run for the hills! ITS THE EVIL SPURS!!!:D

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Okay that would not be funny! Plus it wont be zero cause one person is definitely going! ME!

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Cats out again?

Dont worry about the attendance, im sure alot of spurs fans will show up and fill the seats. :rolleyes:

5. Severe Rockets Fan

I wonder, if it was just you...would they mind if you moved down to the good seats? How about courtside? I remember one game me and a friend couldn't even sit in the 8-9 row,midcourt, to watch warm ups!:mad: The stadium was about 1/4 full and a little over 1/2 full come game time.

6. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

I will be their win or lose I am a true rockets fan through and through!:p :p :p :p :p :p

7. Houstone

Houstone Member

I don't have the balls to go...:p

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Thats the spirit! I would go, but I'll just watch it on TV instead...I'd hate to be caught crying in public...:p

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Looking at matchups, one could clearly see how knee-deep in feces we are...

Point Guards: T.Parker vs. Moochie
    -Parker is a quick lil fella--a good pentrating guard with a nice shooting touch, of course most guys have a nice shooting touch on the spurs thanks to TD and Robinson. Parkers defense isn't that great so moochie might have some room offensively but his dribbling problem will no doubt resurface and lead to a plethora of 24sec violations.

Advantage Spurs

Shooting Guards: S. Smith vs. Oscar
    -Smith is a great shooter and a very good post player as he would constantly abuse Kobe Bryant in the post with his strength. Although Smith's defense is sub par, but it isn't so apparent on the Spurs with the twin towers guarding the rim. Oscar plays good defense, but probably still couldn't guard Smith without help...leading to 3 spurs the rox have to double...Smith, DROb, and TD. :eek: Our only hope is that Oscar can produce enough offensively to slow smith. "CMON OSCAR..YOU DO IT!"(in rob schneider's Waterboy voice)

Advantage spurs

Small forwards: A. Daniels vs. Rice
    -Daniels is a leaper and has a decent shot44%fg 38%3pt, and is clearly more active and even out boards rice 2.8-2.5. I don't know what else to say, but trade Rice...
    Seriously, if Rice can find SOME offensive groove within the next millenia than it could help turn this team around. If not than we will continue to get abused at the SF position night in and night out. Oh...Daniels is coming off an injury so it might slow him a little, but not likely.

Advantage Spurs

Power Forward: T.Duncan vs. Kenny!

I love Kenny(when he doesn't shoot from beyond 8 ft), but Duncan will eat him alive with hook shots and bank shots all night if we don't have a quick double team and good defensive rotation following it. Still TD is coming off a 38/11 performance off of the hustler/taller PF Pollard of the Kings. More than likely we will see a lot of Willis today as Kenny is just too short for TD.

Advantage Spurs

Center: D. Robinson vs. K. Cato

Robinson is older, slower, a little less motivated than a couple of years ago...
    But he'll still dominate cato, offensively and defensively, unless cato can find an incredible motivation and start foaming at the mouth again like that one preseason game....in that case...
    He'll probably still get dominated:(

Advantage Spurs

Of course the Spurs are coming off a loss and will more than likely be more peved than usual coming into tonight's game.

Oh Bench:brown,Griffin,Morris,Walt vs. Rose, Porter, Bowen,Ferry

Rookies vs. Decent Vets

Advantage Spurs

Coaching Popavich vs. RudyT.
    This might be the only category that is even. Pop has shown that he loses games just as bad as Rudy when he doesn't have his star players(see 96-97 season).

Advantage even.

Unless someone brings a 30.06 to the game tonight, we will lose big.

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Its going to be a tough game but they can actually put a fight and win if they play smart. Key to winning tonight is to shoot well, if you start bad then just give up because you dont want to play catch up with the spurs.

I would like to see Oscar Torres be the main offense tonight. When he comes off the picks and shoots that high jumper, it looks so beautiful. He has the skills to become a 15-18 ppg player. Just let him have the ball and get him use to the nba game, once francis and cat come back, Oscar can become a big part of the offense. I predict Oscar as the Small Forward later on the year.

You heard it here first.

11. Sane

Sane Member

One good tihng about Oscar, I dont know if he knows English enough to argue the calls against him, LOL!

I think the Spurs are gonna be smart, start Smith against Rice, and Daniels against Torres. That would give them an even bigger advantage.

I think we're gonna have a really big game from a surprise player. 22+ points from one of the following:

Torres
    Cato
    T-Mo
    Griffin
    Rice
    Tierre Brown

One of these guys is gonna errupt, but to no avail. We'd have enough doubts without Mo Taylor. More without Mobley. Very little hope without Francis. Even worse with Rice shooting bad. Worse than that when we're playing against the Towers.

Only one way to win this game guys:

Incredibly impossible magnificent 3-pt shooting. I'm talk something like 14-20 or something. Good Luck Rocks!