1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who had the best draft (other than yourself)?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Band Geek Mobster, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Band Geek Mobster

Can't say yourself...

I dont think many GM's had bad drafts, most picks were decent, but the best draft has to go to the Magic.

Boville got lucky with Gasol dropping to him at 6, plus he picked up a couple nice players in Hassell and Lopez. I think the Sixers and Celtics had nice drafts as well, but the Magic probably helped themselves the most with their selections.

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

Whoever drafted Chandler.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

The Suns. They got Eddy Curry with pick 3 and traded pick 31 for former #1 pick, Joe Smith. The Heat and Cavs also did well, getting Richardson and Chandler at picks 9 and 10, respectively.

------------------

4. Heath

Heath Member

Thanks BGM - and I picked for both Magic and Sixers so I did do my work scouting those rookies.

I will have to say I also like Rockets picks. I know some of you are not that high on Battier, but I like him. Also getting Bradley at 31. I hoped he would slip down to me at 34, but then again I had to pick for Magic at 33, so I might have been forced to take him to the Magic. So I should have offered Suns a better deal then I did to outbid Cat, but I wasn't prepared to make a bid so the bid wasnt thought trough, and not good enough.

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I think the celtics did great with their picks. i know i shouldnt plug myself but i also got miles during the draft so i think i kicked ass.... but ill put the celtics as number one draft day

------------------
    "The early bird may get the worm, but so does the bird that finished off the tequila bottle the night before" :)

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Miami Heat. Richardson at 9 was a winner in my book.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

PSJ- Im interested in Mutumbo. Can you email me at BigA853@yahoo.com???

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Heath, adding Brown and Woods to a team that is already stacked.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org