1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White officials seeking to discredit Fauci

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 12, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Show me the peer reviewed double blind study published on the beginning of March on how surgical/cloth mask wearing helped stop COVID19 spread.
    It doesnt exist.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah fair to critique and praise of China. But as for the subject here, Trump and anyone not wearing a mask, it's not good but they have the freedom to do it or not. I really don't care what others do. If I go somewhere I wear a mask so I don't have to rely on others. Now private businesses can require them in their areas and such, but that's different obviously than what the President chooses to do at his own meetings.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The President continuing to blame others... including respected professionals like Dr. Fauci... will not be a very good strategy for him.

Again... more unforced errors. The opposition really doesn’t have to do much at this point. This administration’s decisions are doing their campaigning for them.

jiggyfly, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

we have a cult problem here in the us. This is a straight out attack on not one person but experts in the field. The cult followers happily follow along. They have already forgot the CDC pushing back on trump wanting to open up on Easter. Forgot that it would just vanish away. Forgot about the miracle drug that trump promoted and so on. What they will never forgot is this mask thing (which is also taken out of context, but that never matter).

the reason we are in such deep sh*t is because we have very stupid people at the top of government and stupid ppl following him like sheeps.

Nook, joshuaao, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I like how Fauci, the evil genius, convinced the Incompetent in Chief to lead the "inject disinfectant" charge.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

I have been expecting for a long while now for Trump to try to blame it all on Fauci. You have to find someone to blame for all the blood and death, because no matter what, if there is a magical drug, vaccine, economic turnaround.. the dead will remain dead.
    But still too soon. Way too soon.

There is zero reason to believe that there will be a reduction in spread and deaths in September and Octomber since noone has locked down.
    And with the more scapegoats you find the less reliable you seem even with the gullible.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not to mention the literal cult on the far left.... the ones super spreading at protests....

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

should trump also be called out for being a liar and being wrong so often? here is a timeline of trumps comments for the resident cult members...

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: [Declared state of emergency]

March 17: “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

Rashmon, Nook, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

WORST POTUS EVER

Rashmon, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

BEST CANDIDATE OPTION AVAILABLE

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Re jo mama: I applaud the effort you put into this post by simply posting DJT's exact words but the sad reality is that truth doesn't matter to him, the Republcan Party, Fox News or the legions of Trump ass-kissers who are devoted to him because he both voices and re-enforces their bigotry and ignorance (especially those posting here). For them, his lies and distortions of reality have become their new reality - which may work for them at their MAGA rallies and politically as they dog-whistle to all "true" believers of the master race. Unfortunately for him (and them) a pandemic is not something that you can bullshit away no matter how hard you try and believe me Trump and the Republicans are giving it their best shot. It's just too bad that medical science and biology aren't bound by their misconceptulizations of reality. Yeah, it's a funny thing this thing called science...

13. Nook

Nook Member

No.

The Trump administration has decided that they will attack Fauci for not telling Americans to wear a mask until March.

The problem is that Trump has not worn a mask until a week ago. He and his administration has pressured others in his administration to not wear a mask.

So...... in March, April, May, June and the beginning of July the President choose not to wear a mask after all the experts said to wear masks.

This is not going to be a winning argument for the President.

"Fauci said not to wear a mask in February and beginning of March." - Trump and his stupid advisors

"Wait a second jackass, you are President and you didn't wear one in April, May, June and half of July." - Anyone being even halfway objective

Everything is going to **** in the USA with COVID....... and everything Trump preached too has proven to be false so now he needs a scapegoat but it won't work, everyone can see right through it......

This won't lead anywhere anyway......... because even if we assume the Fauci is terrible, it is still a reflection of the President.

Trump decided to throw science out the window and now we all are paying the price.... his COVID response is something people would expect in a third world shithole not the top nation in the world.......... it takes a LOT of incompetence to have the best resources, deepest pockets, best transmission of information, best scientists in the world and still be completely incompetent.

There is a reason that only 30% of independents approve of Trump's handling of COVID........ why 67% of all Americans disapprove of his handling of COVID.

This is all on the President and the American people know it.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Trump: "I like Fauci, even though he's killed more people than World War II.......Hey, I'm from New York, I like The Goombahs....lasagna is delicious...."

Go back months and see, we were all predicting Fauci would be the scapegoat. Trump always needs to pin the blame elsewhere. His die-hard (and the way this is going, they might "die hard") supporters, who've never opened a book not "written" by Ann Coulter, will follow their Pied Piper like lemmings over the cliff: "This is all a hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaax....SPLAT."

Because a box of rocks could outwit them.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias
    Choice-supportive bias or post-purchase rationalization is the tendency to retroactively ascribe positive attributes to an option one has selected and/or to demote the forgone options.[1] It is part of cognitive science, and is a distinct cognitive bias that occurs once a decision is made. For example, if a person chooses option A instead of option B, they are likely to ignore or downplay the faults of option A while amplifying or subscribing new negative faults to option B. Conversely, they are also likely to notice and amplify the advantages of option A and not notice or de-emphasize those of option B.

What is remembered about a decision can be as important as the decision itself, especially in determining how much regret or satisfaction one experiences.[2] Research indicates that the process of making and remembering choices yields memories that tend to be distorted in predictable ways​

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We need thanos to snap his fingers and kill half the population which would take us to 1974 population...less protestors spreading the virus

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except the President isn't just any other person. He has the freedom to show up at press conferences wearing nothing but a Speedo but that probably wouldn't be a good idea. The President's words and actions carry a lot of weight.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

arkoe, TheFreak, KingCheetah and 3 others like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ug, Cornell... now I see the problem.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

[​IMG]

edwardc and KingCheetah like this.