1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

While SE Texas is sinking, Trump hasn't accepted aid from Mexico yet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'm showing you actions by Trump and his administration that show an overall disregard for circumstances like what's happened in Houston, which you claimed earlier was nothing but a straw man. Writing these cuts off as items that should be funded by states instead of the federal government is an obvious cover for anyone defending them but there's no proof that a system like that would any better or more efficient, especially in this state where bathroom bills and lip service to constituents in Hickville take precedence and center stage.

On a personal level, Donald Trump clearly doesn't care about anyone but himself and those close to him and that's obvious time and time and time again but some people will never learn. He'll pay lip service to how much he cares about everyone affected and and how he's doing everything he can to help them but when the time comes again next year he'll roll out his draconian budget with deep cuts to these programs once again. Actions speak louder than words.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah man for sure. I will have to get schooled by your insulting, although superior intelligence another time. I have a girl coming over that requires a bit of attention.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You are going into tangents about budgets and bathroom bills. What on the subject of this event is lacking in FEMA's response, or any federal response, so far that would make you say that "Trump doesn't care about us"?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Try starting out with a feeble minded attempt at an ad hominem with her when she gets there, see where it gets you.

I know, I know, that's only something you do on here.

5. TheresTheDagger

Man.....didn't take long to find a way to blame this on Trump did it?

SMH.

Astrodome and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. Anticope

Anticope Member

The fact that he tried to cut funding to specific agencies that exist because of situations like this, I'm not really sure how many times I can say the same thing. Nothing that he's done in the last few days has concerned me, although he did very obviously use the hurricane as cover for pardoning Arpaio.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was inevitable. Hell there are some that are going so far as to say that Houston deserved the flood due to supporting Trump....that's just the way that those types of people think.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ok I have one question for you. You used "ad hominem" 3-4 times. Just how exactly did my constitute that?

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Did you not take your meds today..?

DudeWah likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

ehh, don't really care what he looks like. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters and should be relevant is his consistently horrible fallacy-ladened opinions across almost every single subject matter and his pretentiousness in communicating those aforementioned opinions out.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Crucifying Trump and the storm has not even left the area yet.

That said, I do not expect Trump to do much about it.

Unlike New Orleans and its corrupt local government, Houston and its people can handle the problem along with good charity from its neighbors.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you saying that you don't know what "ad hominem" means, or that you are unclear as to how that is what you did? I mean, I guess I can spell it out for you. I made a statement about how this was a "derp thread", your response to that was to ignore the substance of what I said and instead to make a personal attack as an effort to discredit what I said without actually having to make an argument in support of this stupid thread. When you make no effort to address the content of someone's statement and instead ONLY make a personal attack, then you are guilty of ad hominem, which is a logical fallacy.

What you should have done if you disagreed with what I said, was address the reasons you disagreed with it with a counter argument and that would have led to legitimate conversation. Instead, you were just "that guy". It is what it is.

14. Major

Major Member

Yeah, of course. You'd welcome Mexico's aid and are concerned about people blasting Trump. Which is why your first several posts were these:

You are a complete joke.

DudeWah likes this.
  15. Cohete Rojo

Y'all are stooping as low as using this tragic event to chastise Trump.

Sleep well.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This is the definition...directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

I would hardly refer to that as a "position" all you did was insult him/her in a rude fashion. So in fact I was referring to what you said, and also has a whole, your persona on this message board of petty insults at a quite voluminous nature.

Even though what I just said is true down to the definition and what your quote, unquote position was in your post and my post. I know I am 100% wrong regardless. I hope you find solace in believing you are right and incapable of understanding that.

17. Major

Major Member

Except I didn't actually criticize Trump in my response. You, on the other hand, used Mexico's offer to help to criticize and attack Mexico on drug policy. I used your own quotes to criticize you for being a liar and a fraud, in case it wasn't clear.

But hey, I will criticize Trump now. The federal government's response thus far has been somewhere between good and fantastic, but Trump has been horrific. His FEMA administrator, to his credit, seems very good at his job. But let's be clear about Trump's priorities:

1. On Friday night, as the hurricane was about to hit, he chose to pardon Arpaio for ratings. He openly said he did it because the hurricane coverage would get him better ratings.

2. Today, Laura Ingraham, conservative as you can get, said on Fox News that the Trump administration was failed to adequately staff federal agencies such as FEMA, which is all very true. Trump responded in real time that he was doing that intentional to shrink government.

Not only was Trump doing pardons and watching Fox News during a natural disaster, he's intentionally weakening federal response to shrink government. So yes, he deserves every bit of criticism he gets. But instead, focus on finding more ways to attack Mexico.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. Cohete Rojo

You are trying too hard to cover yourself, Major - you came in here blasting me, not the OP. That says enough about your motive.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I held the position that this was a stupid thread made by a stupid person, that's a "position", you then failed to address that in your personal attack....thus ad hominem.

Anyway, hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes and become a better poster in the future.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pure publicity stunt from Mexico. They milked the Katrina aid they provided forever. They're clever folks down there.

(and this is coming from somebody who has lived in Mexico twice and really loves the country...)