1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

While SE Texas is sinking, Trump hasn't accepted aid from Mexico yet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have witnessed plenty of Mexican nationals helping and it is very appreciated. We will get through this.

Hakeemtheking and dobro1229 like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I refer to stupid people and stupid ideas as being stupid. What irrational things that you think as a result is really a "you" problem and not a "me" problem.

The fact that stupid people and stupid ideas are stupid does not make me any more intelligent than I am....if you can't understand that and I have to spell it out to you....well it doesn't say a lot of good things about you.

peleincubus likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Your priorities are completely f***ed. Wow.

DudeWah likes this.
  4. Anticope

Anticope Member

You seem to be on a daily crusade here to prove how stupid you are.

DudeWah likes this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I'm not saying the response has been perfect, nor am I saying that we should not accept Mexico's aid. But it is a complete strawman to say that Trump doesn't care about us, or something to that effect.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

You're right. In fact, Trump cares so much about the victims of flooding that he proposed cuts to both FEMA and the National Weather Service in his budget this year.

http://time.com/money/4918458/trump-budget-targest-disaster-response/

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are just proving my point. Keep doing you man. I hope it takes you far.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say that pretty much shows that he doesn't really care. I think that is a fair assessment.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You never made any attempt at having a point, what you did was make a fairly lazy ad hominem attack and I called you out for it.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh for sure man. Another notch in your belt, calling me out. Again proving my point. Perhaps if we keep going we can find out what's on the other side of the wormhole.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is what I'm talking about.

That has nothing to do with the "response" to this event (has more to do with states covering costs the federal government would otherwise cover).

Look, I'm honestly not opposed to accepting Mexico's aid, and in fact I'd welcome it. I'm simply saying that using a strawman like "Trump doesn't care about us", isn't exactly constructive.

I don't know what the Mexican response to Sandy or last year's flooding in Louisiana was like, but I don't think that any of that has any bearing on the present situation.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you clearly aren't following along and I don't have the crayons to spell it out to you in a way you can understand, so I think we're done here.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Trump cares about himself, and his family. Everything else is a means to an end.

You think he cares about YOU? Hahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh for sure man. I wish we had some crayons, derp derp. Hopefully on the other side people are evolved enough to be a little more civil and kind. We can hope at the very least.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, coming from the person that started out making an ad hominem attack....

Good job kid.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its probably too simplistic to say Trump does or doesn't care about US (Greater Houston Area). I'm sure there is a part of everyone that cares about people or some people, and in the end he might do a good job taking care of Houston as good as any president would have done.

However.... what I am more than comfortable in saying is that Trump above all thinks about himself first in virtually every scenario and taking aid from Mexico he knows would definitely be something that politically he would never want to do because it will make him look weak and humanize someone he clearly has cast as a adversary.

He proved this just the other day when he said on live TV that he pardoned Sheriff Joe on the night of a Hurricane because of the ratings... essential a confession that he will use a natural catastrophe for political gain... which is something most presidents will do as well but they just wont come out and admit it.

Maybe he does what is right and ends up taking Mexico's aid, but I guarantee you he's first looking at how it affects him politically, and I highly doubt he ends up accepting aid from Mexico, but hopefully I'm wrong.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Constructive criticism > Simple insults

Derp derp

[​IMG]

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is an odd statement given that the ad hominem attack you started with was merely a feeble attempt at a simple insult. You'd be best to stop digging the hole guy, you'll only make yourself look worse if you continue this idiocy.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh for sure man. The idiot (me and of course others here) that can only use crayons. Derp derp.

[​IMG]

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There are certainly idiots here, and you are making your case that you are one of them.....is that supposed to be controversial?