1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team would be hated more? Heat with Melo or Rockets with Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonstime, Jun 18, 2014.

?

Which team would be hated more? Heat w/Melo or Rockets w/Lebron

Poll closed Jun 25, 2014.
  1. Heat w/Melo

55.8%
  2. Rockets w/Lebron

44.2%
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I already hate the heat when lebron moved down there, but that was partially because my mom's family is from cleveland as well as i joined the "haters gonna hate those at the top"

So which team would ppl hate more?

The Heat. If everyone opted out and the big 3 aquired Melo to be the Big 4?

or

The Rockets. If lebron ditched the heat and came to make us the top contenders?

1 person likes this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Miami in a heartbeat... they immediately become a USA Dream Team. But Spurs still take them to 7 games...

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We would get so much hate but I would relish in it! People don't care enough about Melo to hate him like they do Lebron and Dwight.

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

Houston always seems to draw national ire. Remember all the negative press Dwight was getting when it was clear he was coming here? Of course he came from media spin city #2, but still. I think we'd get more heat. Pun intended.

5. ThaShark316_28

About even.

Both squads have James. Heat are already hated; Rockets would have LeBron AND Dwight, who is also "love to hate" guy.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

True, ppl want to hate lebron more, but i think that ppl would ultimately hate all those players simply taking a few million dollars less just to hoard all the talent in the NBA..

That being said, they would still need a replacement of DWade in a year, hes on his last legs

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I would have to say Houston. Lebron leaving to Houston would create a huge hate for Houston. Melo to Miami would be meh. People would hate Miami but I don't think it would be as bad as everyone hating us.

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Anywhere where Lebron James + another all star is will be hated...

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

This is simple, people would hate us more if we acquire LeBron.

Why?

Miami fans would hate us because LeBron decided to leave them.

Cleveland fans would hate us because LeBron didn't come back.

Laker fans would hate us because they hate LeBron and now they're going to hate us even more.

Just imagine the media attention that would garner.

A big H-A-T-E from around the world.

But at least when he comes here, he won't say "NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE!"

Hopefully.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People are used to the Miami super team by now. If Houston got Lebron, easily we'd be hated more. Not to mention Harden and Howard are pretty hated already.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lebron and melo on the same team would create way more hate than lebron abandoning ship and proving to be a quitter.

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I mis-read it as "Houston with Melo or Rockets with LeBron" and I voted us with LeBron, but it would hands down be Melo in Miami.

People would hate the fact that they just keep bending the NBA rules and making contenders....

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea I was just thinking about it... I actually don't want Lebron to come here. Simply cuz the media would just talk about LBJ and not the Rockets.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

let them hate us

15. treeman

treeman Member

Who cares. Either team would win a championship or two.

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I would say Rockets with Lebron because of all the "LOF"'s coming over from #HeatNation. People would hate fans that switched teams over night.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if they were all on "natural" salaries, probably about even, but the huge discounts miami require somewhere, it's them

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who cares? Haters gonna hate no matter what

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My main reasoning for it being the Heat with melo is that they would all be taking such paycuts just to create a super team. And that is the only reason they would take the cuts, for example, the fact that they would not take a paycut for any other team but only to be part of miami super team would lead to more hate around the league. I also agree that we would be hated a lot, especially with howard already being hated (I think most of the Harden hate is from our own fans because of his defense) but like the heat fans, I would gladly welcome the hate for a championship... or 4

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Probably the Rockets, because Bosh isn't exactly on the level of a D12 or Harden and Wade is half the player he was. So is Melo joins them, it's more understandable. But if Lebron joins Houston, the critics will blast him...saying he can't win a title by himself blah blah blah.