1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team will lose the Boston triple crown?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigM, Oct 22, 2007.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So with The Red Sox making the World Series, The Patriots continuing to look like world beaters, and the Celtics loading up in the weak eastern conference, it might be time to consider if Boston can hold the titles in all 3 major sports. I don't believe that's ever happened.

Which of these 3 teams comes up short?

Considering The Rockets are going to stomp any east team in the finals, I'm going with the Celtics.

edit: crap I forgot the poll.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Celts. I'm not sold on the Red Sox, but then I'm not sold on Colorado either. Who knows what happens in the World Series. Going to be hard to stop the Pats the way they've been rolling.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the celtics...the pats look unstoppable this year and the red sox with the home field advantage and pitching look poised to win it again.

the celtics have a lot to prove and while they have a formidable starting 5 it really drops off after that and i dont know if that is enough to beat out whichever team makes it out of the west

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, the Sox are in the World Series and the Pats are the best team in the NFL right now. The Celtics look better with Garnett and Allen but how good is the supporting cast? Who know how good they'll actually be in the regular season?

Celtics is the most obvious answer.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I will play devil's advocate and say two out of three Boston teams will not be a world champion before next summer.

1. Red Sox are in the series, but they are coming up against a team who is really hot and has their **** together. They will be heavily favorite against the Rockies and ESPN/The Sporting News/FoxSports/Bostonians/Most of the country and Everyone else will be on the Sauxs side to take the series in 4 or 5 games. I think Rockies could stage a big upset and have the series finished before 5 or 6 games.........but the Saux will probably win. Don't ask me why.

2. Patriots are probably the most likely in everyone's opinon to win a championship this year (of all the Boston teams, even more so than Red Sox)...they look like LSU playing below average Division II teams...but I remember....this football....any given sunday football....16 games a year NFL....the team with best record since 2000 in each season has only walked away with a grand total of 1 Super Bowl....The Pats have yet to play a defensive stalwart or an above average defense.... I say Pats dominate all the way to AFC Championship Game with everyone riding high on them and even a dominating victory over their Divisional Playoff opponent in 2nd Rnd....but I think whoever they meet in the AFC Championship game will end their season....I have no idea who it is.....maybe the Colts again....Steelers...Chargers..Jags....even Texans or some other darkhorse team.

3. The Celts........ will they even get out of Eastern Conference....maybe I doubt it...if they do....they've got a good chance of playing a team...they probably won't beat...Spurs....Suns...Mavs...Jazz.....Rockets.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Grand Slam.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

right now....Celtics.

8. Fatty FatBastard

I'll say NO Boston team wins a thing this year.

And if y'all are willing to buy me a plane ticket there, I'll spit at a crying Bostonian when he realizes this after a loser Boston fan relizes he/she lost everything.

Oh. And I'll need a video camera. Preferably small and indestructible.

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

All three.

Red Sox lose to Colorado, Pats lose to Jax/Indy/Pitt, Celts lose to Bulls.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

No love for BC's National Title Chase?

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

If not for the loss of all the innocent life, I'd just assume someone bombed Boston and all their fans.

:mad:

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Celts by a long shot. I don't think they're going to win their own division.

14. surrender

surrender Member

Celts, because Doc Rivers is still their coach

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Chalk up another vote for the Celts here. Pats stand a very good chance of repeating the '72 Dolphins undefeated season, Red Sox are rolling in a big way and I think the layoff will hurt the Rockies, but I don't think any team in the East can beat the West in the NBA. Celts might make it to the Finals, but they lose to the Rockets in the best of seven, 4-2. :D

16. tulexan

tulexan Member

I am surprised this was left out too. I would say that including BC, they are the weak link because I don't think they can hang with any of the elite teams. Excluding BC, I would say that it has to be the Celtics. Pats look unstoppable and still don't have Richard Seymour back yet. Red Sox have the best shot because they are four games away from winning it and have home field advantage. Celtics have no depth and are a major injury away from being back in the lottery.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Celtics. I think anyone thinking the Pats will be the ones to drop the ball needs to come to grips with reality...

18. AXG

AXG Member

The Celtics by far are the worst. The Patriots and Red Sox have been major contenders in their respective sports for many years in a row. The Celtics added some nice pieces, but none of their star players have advanced far in the playoffs since the early decade. It has been at least two years since any of the big three have even reached the postseason. It will take some adjusting to each other and lots of chemistry building before they can win anything.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Red Sox are 4 wins away. I'm rooting for the Rockies (making my red sox rooting son angry)...but I don't know how this will turn out.

No one is beating the Patriots. That's among the best football teams I've had the pleasure of seeing in my entire life. They're every bit as good as they appear to be, I think.

The Celtics will certainly be improved. But I don't think they're nearly as likely to win it all as the Sox or the Pats.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Easily the Celtics. Playing the percentages it's still the Celtics. Red Sox are in prime position. Patriots look dominating. Celtics...well it's still a question mark considering they haven't played one regular season game. Even if they make it to the finals, what are the odds they win? Whatever WC team they play is going to be much deeper then they are.