1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which rookie coach over/underperformed?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Koperboy, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I couldn't wait for new season to start not only to see Dwight in HOU uniform, but also because of high number rookie coaches. I was eager to see how they'll perform and, man, there are some surprises for sure!

EAST
    Mike Budenholzer, ATL, 9-9
    Brad Stevens, BOS, 7-12
    Jason Kidd, BKN, 5-12
    Steve Clifford, CHA, 8-10
    Breat Brown, PHI, 6-12

WEST
    Jeff Hornacek, PHX, 9-8
    David Joerger, MEM, 8-8
    Michael Malone, SAC, 4-11
    Brian Shaw, DEN, 10-6

Which coach do you think overperformed given the roster and who is underachiever?

I must say PHX and Hornaces surprised me the most, while Kidd and BKN are pretty disappointing so far. Things will probably level out as the season progresses, but I think it shows what NBA coaching experience means when you compare Kidd to Hornacek, who was assistant coach in Utah, or any other coach up here save Stevens.

Unfortunately I don't get to watch much live games, so I'm really interested in your opinions!

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Under: Kidd, Joerger, Malone
    Over: Hornacek, Clifford

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Brian shaw over, I like his system

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Yeah, they needed some time to get used to it, especially Ty Lawson who said bigs are blocking the lanes for him. It seems like JaVale's injury was blessing in disguise, heh...

I wanted to say Stevens also surprised me a bit in a positive way, but wins in Eastern conference don't mean that much if you are not playing MIA or IND. I'm curious to see if his wins will go up once Rondo returns.

5. VBG

VBG Member

The Kings have been playing better recently. Hard to judge anyone there though.

I honestly think everyone out of Jason Kidd has done a good job so far.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Brett Brown with Philly, he's made that piece of crap roster play respectable ball while also building Noel's offensive game.

7. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Mike Malone made Cousins work harder in these first 15 games than in his whole career. The 4-11 record also doesn't tell the whole picture because they've had the 3rd toughest schedule so far (.554 SOS).

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Over: Shaw, Hornachek, Clifford

Shaw should have been a head coach a very long time ago. Not sure why he kept getting snubbed. Both the 'Cats and Suns have surprised me with their play.

Kidd is trash. I'd say the rest are meeting expectations.