1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which DFW Team do you Hate the Most?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 5, 2023.

?

Which DFW team do you Hate the most?

1. Cowboys

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Rangers

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Mavericks

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Stars

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Dallas FC

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m watching the Cowboys Eagles game and am still bitter about the ALCS. Was just thinking I don’t like any pro team from the DFW area. It’s not just the Houston Dallas rivalry but I’ve always despised the Cowboys
    as “America’s Team” and I even like them less with Mike McCarthy coaching them.

Here in Minnesota long time Vikings fans are still bitter about being screwed over the Herschel Walker trade but Minnesotans are especially bitter about the Northstars being moved to Dallas and becoming the Dallas
    Stars. Norm Green the owner who moved the team is as hated here as Bud Adams is by Houstonians.

2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Kicking it off I voted for the Cowboys as I don’t think any other football team, even the Patriots, annoy me as much as the Cowboys. Was
    Going to vote for the Stars for my Minnesota peeps but having not grown up with hockey or lived here when the Northstars moved just don’t feel as much negativity towards them as the Cowboys.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ramgers for me. Not even close.

ROCKSS, rgw20014life and RKREBORN like this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I don't really care or think about any of them, ever.

ima_drummer2k and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's always been the Cowboys, by a mile. But, that's all changed of late.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Mavs and Rangers. Can’t hate on the stars cause we don’t have a hockey team.

rgw20014life likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Might have been better to exclude the Cowboys since it's a given they will end up #1, probably by far.

I grew up in the Midwest in the 70s and hated them long before moving to Houston in '86.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Guys in the office were like Teh RaNgErS wOn ArE yOu Ok? lol...

Like yeah man. Congratulations, enjoy it. I'm happy for you all. Yes, of course I wanted the Astros to win but they didn't. It's called being a good sport, you shake hands and say good game. Something you all have missed since 2017. Felt like they were happier to beat the Astros than they were to win their first title. Just weird and vindictive. Um also I'm a grown man and sports doesn't determine my mood or state of mind. Doesn't even seem like you guys are happy honestly.

#8 Dankstronaut, Nov 5, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    DFWRocket and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cowboys. Fans are insufferable, ownership is insufferable and the triplets were insufferable.

Rangers hate is misdirected imo. Outside of being from Dallas they haven’t made me hate them yet. Now that they’ve won a chip let’s see how next year goes. They may jump to the top.

Mavs really don’t bother me, and I like Luka. Hell, their owner is better than ours.

Example of true, abiding sports hate: Utah Jazz.

Invisible Fan and DFWRocket like this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I actually like the Stars but only until we get a team if we ever do. I like Cuban but I can't root for them or any other Dallas team just because they are in our actual divisions other than the Cowboys and its always entertaining to watch them choke.

11. Buck Turgidson

Chili's

or

Texas Roadhouse

#11 Buck Turgidson, Nov 5, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

They might be the case but I think the recent playoffs might move the Rangers up especially for a Houston board. Also since this is primarily a Basketball board there is some bad history with the Mavs.

13. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

That sure was a great game yesterday. The Eagles did almost everything they could to hand the Boys the victory but they wouldn’t take it.
    We had several good games in fact. I’m a believer now in that kid CJ Stroud. He is poised beyond his years. The Texans will be a serious contender deep into the playoffs if they shore up that defense. Credit to his upbringing and his faith.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

15. CrazyJoeDavola

All of them are tied.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah, for that reason (the very fresh baseball memory), I think the poll is a bit ill-timed.

I think the Cowboys are in a class by themselves while the Mavs are #2. Rangers rage will inflate their standing in the poll.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ditto for me.

Cowboys and Oilers/Texans aren't even in the same conference, so they almost never play(ed) each other. I don't like the Cowboys but all of my football hate is aimed at the titans.

Similarly, all of my basketball hate is directed towards the j*zz and spurs, not the mavs. Besides that one 7-game series, we don't really have much of a history with them.

As far as the rangers go, I guess they would get my vote currently for obvious reasons. But again....growing up, we weren't even in the same league so there's no history there. I grew up hating the mets (86 series) and the braves (the 90's). Couldn't care less about the rangers.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hate the city and the people, not the teams. They aren't really on our radar historically.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Upon further review...Chili's has solid margaritas, a nice deck overlooking Lake Marble Falls, and the totally underrated "southwestern eggroll" appetizer

The answer is Texas Roadhouse.

dobro1229 and Xerobull like this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

If it's not Houston they are dead to me, I don't care where they are from.

That being said...
    [​IMG]

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.