1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Astros would you want back?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Real Shady, Mar 25, 2005.

?

Which Stro you want back?

1. Hunsicker

43 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Beltran

47 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I want Billy Spiers back.

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Why in the heck would you want Billy Spiers' back? That's why he had to retire in the first place ;-)

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

With Gerry Hunsicker you get Luke Scott and Willie Tavarres for Jeromie Whathisface. Losing Gerry Hunsicker is going to be the downfall of the Astros, you can count on it.

4. msn

msn Member

I wouldn't go that far. There are more things in that organization than GH that were above average, and GH isn't the only outstanding GM in the world.

We haven't begun to see what Purpura will be like--it'll take at least three years to learn his style.

5. Svpernaut

Purpura is the reason we didn't make ANY big name aquisitions during the offseason... everyone knew that Beltran and Scott Boras were just toyng with us. I should have blown Beltran off when he turned down our first offer.

We're going to miss Hunsicker much more then most people think.

6. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I doubt Gerry Hunsicker scouted both Scott and Tavares before he made that trade. From what I've been hearing Purpura is man behind finding these players.

And please share your opinion on why losing Hunsicker will be the downfall of the Astros.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

beltran is god.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

More like Judas, if you ask me.

9. Svpernaut

HAHA! Nice one!

10. MykTek

MykTek Member

i wish we still had John Buck, have a feeling he's gonna be a good one... =(

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Amen to that!

For those with ESPN Classic, tomorrow at 5PM on Classic Drive Thru, they're showing Giants at Astros (1986). I can only assume this is Scotty's no-no to clinch the NL West.

Drive Thru doesn't show the whole game, just the innings where stuff happened or, in the case of a no-hitter, each half inning. They just had Kile's no-hitter last week and the Astros one-game playoff win over the Dodgers in '80.

12. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I was at that game ... :D

I would love to see Hunsicker back. I don't think Purpura will be a disaster or anything, but Hunsicker was just so damn good.

As for having a Stro back, I would've liked to see Nolan Ryan finish his career with the Stros and go into Cooperstown with an Astro hat.