1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Astro do you feel sorry for the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by redgoose, Jul 18, 2004.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Roger. HIs pitching well enough to be a 20 game winner, but he is getting Ryan-esque run support.

2. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Their record? Houston's clubhouse is lifeless even when they're winning, which, to say the least, is sad.

3. Buck Turgidson

You've been in the clubhouse? Awesome.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't feel sorry for a single one of them. they have collectively ruined the season for me. and roger, he's a jerk. he should have signed with the stro's long ago instead of taking the easy road with the yanks. only thing good about him is that he helped the longhorns win a college world series.

5. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I feel sorry for the fans that had such high hopes! Those of us that have season tickets!

6. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

You're right, how could I've made such a wild conjecture? I'm sure there's no correlation between a lifeless clubhouse and a lifeless dugout.

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I guess you shouldn't believe the local press either. David Delotti mentioned that on a number of occasions (right before Jimy's firing). Also, Kenny Hand implied that on I believe it is called Extra Point on Saturdays.(on ABC hosted by Tim Melton I think)

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Roger, it wasn't worth it for him to come out of retirement. He has been great this season, and he missed out of a bunch more wins due to our horrible offense. He pitched damn good in a bunch of the nondecisions.

10. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

1. The Fans
    2. Kent - He signed here because he thought this team had something special about it, and all we've done since getting him is SUCK! The Astros choked in the final week last year, losing by 1 game - probably would have made the playoffs if he didn't miss so many games last year.
    3. Bagwell - Like previously mentioned, he would have much better numbers if he wasn't playing the Astrodome so long. It really is a shame he won't get to 500 (unless he can keep withstanding the pain) because he's a great player who deserves to be mentioned with the other players there.
    4. Biggio - What Win said.
    5. Roger - What rocketfan said

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've never seen Kent look like he even gives a flying **** about this team. He's probably the last guy I'd feel sorry for on this team.

12. fya

fya Member

Kent looks like he is just out there to collect a paycheck. No heart or hustle anymore.

I feel sorry for bagwell and biggio because they have given their all to the team. They are not the greatest players but they are gamers and play the game right.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

beltran is the guy who doesn't seem to give it his all IMO. He doesn't hustle to the ball and other small things are starting to annoy me.

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

i feel sorry for Biggio, Clemens and Lidge. They are the only 3 astros who have showed up to do their job when called upon.

15. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Everett, Ensberg. Because they're not the ones getting paid the same as Bags and Biggio but they are sharing the same amout of blame. I never really liked Clements so i don't feel sorry for him. Remember, he played for the Yankees.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If I was Beltran I would be doing the exact samething. He knows he is going to be paid next year. He's a rent-a-player on a sorry team. If I was him I'd tell Hunsicker to trade me or kiss my ass goodbye in September.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I feel sorry for Petite and Clemens (and Kent to a lesser degree), because they know what it is like to be on a good team. Bags, Biggio, Ensberg, etc. don't know what it is like to play in the World Series. They are probably thrilled just to get back to making the playoffs. It would make their careers to get out of the Division Series. The former Yanks know what it is to consider every season that you don't win the WS a failure, imagine how they feel to be on a team that's 1 game out of last place. Then again, it was their stupid idea to leave the Yankess/Giants in the first place.