1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Astro do you feel sorry for the most?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by redgoose, Jul 18, 2004.

1. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Bags, Biggio, Beltran, Berkman, Roy, Wade, Pettite, Roger, or other?

Personally i feel the worst for Pettite. He signed a 3 year contract with the Astros and now it looks like were about to go through a rebuilding stage.

I feel sorry for Roger too, but at least he can quit when the year's over and skip out on road trips.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't feel sorry for them. Losing is part of sports. Most of them have had great success at some point. And besides, they are multi- millionaires.

4. Win

Win Contributing Member

I HARDLY feel "sorry" for any of them, but I do feel for Biggio in a way. Dude has made all these position switches over the years to accomodate the team. While moving from catcher to 2nd probably didn't hurt his feelings much, the move to centerfielder to accomodate Kent just HAD TO SUCK! Now Beltran comes along and he has to move again (though I bet he's damn glad to get away from that stupid hill).

Surprisingly, Bigg has had a 'comeback player of the year' type season and appears to be doing EVERYTHING he can do to get the Astros over the top in this 'make-it-or-break-it' year, but alas, it does not appear that will be enough. Yeah, I guess I kinda feel for the dude; still......

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Why feel sorry for Andy ? The guy has come in here and done ........ not a thing ! He has been hurt f or a good part of the season and then the games he has pitched he has been mediocre at best . :rolleyes:

6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

1) Biggio – for reasons mentioned, does A LOT for our community, is not a sure hall of famer
    2) Bags – the shoulder is preventing him from being an all time great
    3) Roy – Injuries could ruin what still may be a great career
    4) Pettitte – Had a great thing in N.Y. but already has rings
    5) Roger – has everything (Cy Young, money, fame, rings

Beltran, Berkman and Miller are still young and have ample time to win titles and make a lot of money…

But i agree it's hard to really feel sorry for these guys...

7. randerson153

randerson153 Contributing Member

The Astros Fans:D

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

I agree with Mr. Clutch and randerson...I don't feel sorry for any of them..they have been pretty sorry...yeah we the fans...lol.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

They get paid a king's ransom to play a child's game. Why do any of them deserve sympathy?

10. fya

fya Member

City of Houston.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

honestly...bagwell.

the guy is about 40 HR's away from a feat that only 12 people before him ever accomplished....the 500 HR Club.

sadly, a shoulder injury will likely keep him from it. this really resonated with me when i was at the HR Derby and they did the ceremony with all the guys from the 500 HR Club. most of bags' homers come in the spacious Astrodome....he would have been a legit 500, with a career batting average near .300, as well.

that sucks.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Larry Dierker

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Roger. He was supposed to help us get to the WS. He had a few low run no decisions and now we are the 5th worst team in the NL. Welcome home.

14. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Beltran.....

.....for having to join this lifeless clubhouse.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not as lifeless as his last one.

I'd say Biggio this year. Bagwell maybe because it's not like he just started sucking for no reason.

16. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Sure.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you wanna argue that Houston's as bad as Kansas City, then let me know so I can go ahead and not argue with you anymore. Thanks.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

well, actually it would be Biggio and Kent...both their contracts are up and doubt they'll get optioned...

Also, for the fans, because we've had to sit through this mediocre season...

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think Kent's definitely gone for no other reason than he wants to be. He's going to retire.

However, I'll be very surprised if Biggio isn't an Astro next year. Despite the fact that he's a bargain for his production, I think he's got one more year of starting in him, then could turn into a Billy Spiers type guy for a few more after that. He'll play into his 40s.

20. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

Clemens, hands down. The guy left the yankees and "came out of retirement" to play for this team, and he has pitched his balls off almost every single game, and has received virtually no run support, and is surrounded buy a bunch of lifeless has-beens.