1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Les?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TEXNIFICENT, Dec 12, 2011.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Where in the heck is Les Alexander? Gilbert & Cuban shouted to the friggin heavens after the initial deals went down. They wrote/leaked e-mails (Gilbert) & went on radio shows (Cuban) and got what they wanted. We haven't heard jack from Les and the Rockets are getting SCREWED!
    Les Alexander should mount up his legal team and sue the hell out of the NBA. Cuban whines then in a blink of in eye winds up with the sixth man of the year (and one of the MAIN pieces of the initial deal), the Lakers still save money, and Paul still winds up in the L.A. market. Poor New Orleans, a franchise the league can't GIVE away, gets compensation and we're flat getting ignored. I would drag the whole lot of these azzclowns into litigation or at least blast Cuban, Gilbert, and Stern publicly. C'mon Les, time to flex your muscles if you've got them!:confused::confused:

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree. I hope Les ripped Stern a new vagina...

1 person likes this.
  3. Dei

Dei Member

In before creepy laugh.

1 person likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

that's not how Les is..he handles things differently than Cuban...

I am sure he is doing something or is going to, but he is not a guy who goes on tv or the newspapers and spews his opinion on things

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Alexander is hanging out in a steam room, which would be any room that he happens to be in, the steam being provided by Mr. Alexander himself.

6. arjun

arjun Member

I'm sure Les is taking care of it.

It is almost class-less to destroy Stern in the media...if anything that would just make matters worse. Let's hope Stern corrupts the lotto and makes sure we get the 3rd pick (not 1st..just to not make it SO obvious)

:)

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Les can be considered an "old school" owner. One who saw his own investment in the NBA team skyrocket over the years. He bought the team for $85 mil, and now it's worth $443 mil(Forbes estimate) as the #5 most valued NBA franchise under Stern's direction. He and Jerry Buss are both fairly on the side of Stern. The vocal owners are the ones who recently bought their teams for insane money. This is part of the reason why you didn't see a huge stink raised by the Rockets and the Lakers.

Hopefully, Stern will at least reciprocate this relationship by helping the Rockets out later on. You know, in case conspiracy theorists are correct when it comes to refs and lottery balls.

8. txtodd

txtodd Member

Beef. Les doesn't eat it, or start it.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That value probably went down quite a bit since Yao's retirement.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In China on his knees in front of Yao going.

"PLEASE....one more try,.......PLEASE !!!!!"

DD

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Les, Stern submarined your best hope for a star center and left your offseason plans in a shambles. I know you were opposed to tanking before, perhaps thinking an instant rebuild with Gasol/Nene was worth taking a gamble on. But, we're behind the 8-ball now and our best hope really does lie in the 2012 offseason. Maybe now would be a good time to tank it?

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wouldn't be surprised to see him put the team up for sale in the coming months

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

You can find the franchise value here.
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/32/basketball-valuations-11_Houston-Rockets_322525.html

They have a sweet stadium deal with lots of suites sold. Good TV deal. And lots of sponsorship. I mean, I'm sure Toyota sponsored the Rockets because of Yao, but they will still continue to pay for the naming rights. The Rockets are making plenty of money. I don't know how much Stern has a hand in all this success, but he has certainly been the commissioner throughout these years.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

He's paying off the Chinese Triad to put a hit on David Stern.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Please, Please!!!!! Hopefully to someone that is willing to lose money to win.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jonathan Feigan of the chronical answered this question yesterday in his blog. He said Les has been right in the middle of all of this. Owners like Gilbert and Cuban have a tendency to be media whores, that's why it seems like they are more active owners than Les. The Rockets are actually a money making asset for Les, so don't worry, he's around making noise behind the scenes when it affects his product.

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Yeah, no use getting fined 100 grand for voicing your opinion like what Heat Owner Mike Arison did.