1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to buy a scooter for dog pulling?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Dec 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'm looking to buy a scooter, like one of those Razors that kids ride, only with bigger wheels. I want to get my alaskan malamute to pull me on it. The razor is a) too low to the ground and b) wheels are too small to go off paved roads. Any suggestions where I would be able to find one?

2. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Thanks.

Actually, I meant to ask for a store in Houston you would recommend going to, Academy, Sun and Ski, etc. If I cant find anything around town, then I'll buy online.

4. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

I know those dogs like to pull but if you do this you need to be aware that it will train your dog to pull ALL THE TIME. My brother trained his dog to pull him on his rollerblades and now his lab mix cannot be walked without having her pull.

It is possible to train your dog to only pull if there is a wagon but it takes a lot of additional training. Good luck!

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

When you train a dog to pull, you train them to only pull when they are harnessed. She pulls with her harness every time I put it on her. But, when I have the pinch collar on her, she wont pull sicne it pinches when she does.

Thanks!

6. YaosDirtyStache

I have been around for a while, and this is the oddest request I have ever seen.

Whatever floats your boat...or pulls your scooter.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

An odder request would be "Where to buy a dog for scooter pulliing?"

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Not really that odd. It's only odd because I have a snow dog in Houston. I know alot of people who have their dogs pull them in the north on sleds, carts, etc.

And you've only been around since sept 09! :p

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I lol'ed at this thread. LOL

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

11. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I've never heard of this.

12. joesr

joesr Member

I was sooooo about to post this saying poor doggy

13. lpbman

lpbman Member

That woman will get tired of standing before the dog runs out of gas. Seriously, that dog can haul ass all day. I think they can cover more ground in one day than anything that doesn't fly or drive. Remarkable animals.