1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does D'Antoni stand in all this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Have there been any word from MDA about anything recently? Do you think he's fully on the same page with Morey if the rumors are true and we are chasing CP, Blake, Millsap and Lowry?

Who do you think our coach wants us to get most from any player in rumors out now? I can't imagine he loves the idea of pairing Harden with another point guard, especially Lowry. I think Blake can play center with MDA, and I'd like to see that happen, but wouldn't say its a match made in heaven.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He doesn't stand. He is probably just sitting there not knowing what to do

[​IMG]

Why not?, kjayp and Zoplicone like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dan Tony is good as long as we don't acquire Melo or Dwight.

Remlap likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

As far as MDA not wanting another point guard.... I am sure MDA would be thrilled to add Chris Paul or Kyle Lowry. Above all the Rockets need more high end talent.... MDA can only scheme and draw up plays to a certain point before talent wins out.

Pen15clubber, T for 3 and kwakmeister like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree he shouldn't stand..... after all the playoff losing against Popovich ...........he deserves to lie down.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

haha. this post is amazing.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I mentioned Lowry specifically because I don't think any coach would mind getting Chris Paul, no matter the situation it should get better with CP.

More importantly though, because I really do worry that this is whats going to happen, but am I the only one that does NOT want us signing Lowry???
    I live in Toronto, I really think the Raptors feel he is on the decline and I definitely think that. Signing him can be a terrible move, I think he maxed out his talent for about the past 2 years before he got injured. Plus I don't see him being a great fit with Harden.

8. BackdoorHarden

Harden broke him. Just like the Rockets broke the Clippers.

Welcome Blake and CP3!

9. Nook

Nook Member

Lowry is a talent upgrade over what the Rockets had last year, and the Rockets are quite familiar with him so I am not overly concerned... the Rockets have to take calculated risks to try to compete with GS.... I also think Lowry and Harden would coexist better than most.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sure he's more talented than Bev. But Bev did super well with little touches and Harden excelled with controlling most plays. The talent upgrade would have to be a Chris Paul difference to make a new backcourt work, and as good as Lowry has played the past 2 seasons, there is still a significant gap between him and a Chris Paul.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

as long as the checks keep clearin Mikey is fine....he knew comin in where he was on the pecking order - and it was below DM and Harden...

Why not? likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm going to put 10 bones on "the middle" and 20 on "the left".

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

he lost his powers when he shaved his mustache

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Foolish question if you've followed the Rockets through JVG, Adelman, McHale.

CK Johnson likes this.