1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the Regular season starts, Lin Fans need to..

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, you already made up your mind on this debate, but Rocket fans will watch this season to see if they are really going to miss Lowry and Dragic. That was a good 1/2 combo at point.

2. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

O so he is allowed to do it but im not...

special clutch fans old timer rule

I dont care what you think... here is an Idea...

I dont like people who click on a JLin thread when they clearly dont want to read what Jlin fans have to say...

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do you think jeremy lin can lead us to a 22-game win streak like t-mac did? that would be pretty sick.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

You mean Rick Adelman right? cause tmac didn't play all 22 games.

5. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

im fine with a dedicated Jlin thread... so people dont have to bitach and gripe about people talking about Jlin...

6. tinman

Supporting Member

you are correct. Dragic dumped the Rockets.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

This thread is about suggestions for Lin fans when the season starts.
    Of course it has evolved to other topics.

I hope you at least understand a few of the points here.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When i was a kid there were two types of old people. There was the wise old guy who didn't say much but when he did, he was respected. Then there was the crankly old guy who just complained about the youngins and how they didn't understand the good old days. That's the guy you are.

Here's a story for ya tin man. Once, in a movie theatre, this dad and his six year old kid were waiting for superman to begin. Kid was really excited about the movie starting. But then this big guy sat in front with a massive cowboy hat that blocked everyone's view, but mostly the kid who was right behind him. He couldn't see the screen and the movie was starting. Kid complained to his dad, and his dad said don't make trouble. Kid....I kid you not...stood up and tapped the scary looking guy with the big hat on the shoulder and asked him to take his hat off because it was blocking his view. THe big man turned around, angry at first, and was about to say something rude....but then realize he was face to face with a six year old kid. YOu know what he did? He took his hat off. Kid got to see Superman, and had a good time.

These guys are not all kids for sure. But they are new here. Tinman, it's time to take your hat off you old cranky man. I love my glory day Rockets too. But they are long gone. They only way these guys will appreciate it is if you leave them alone and let them become fans the way they want to be fans, and then they will be interested in Rockets history, but not by your stuffing it down their throats.

Believe me, I remember when you knew jack poop about basketball and posted a lot of drivel on this board. Actually wasn't that long ago. Actually you still kind of do it.

4 people like this.
  9. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Whether you like it or not, Jeremy Lin is a role model for Asian Americans as well as Taiwanese and Chinese people and maybe even a *gasp* source of pride for them.

If that annoys you, get over it.

This is not to say LOFs aren't sometimes annoying or lack basketball knowledge. Totally separate issues.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh, we're still playing this game?

It's like taking Wayne Gretzky off the St Louis Blues. Rasheed Wallace off the Hawks. Mike Piazza off the Marlins.

11. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

[​IMG]

12. tinman

Supporting Member

3. He's representing the Houston Rockets, not you or your family or your country or your xbox nba2k clan.

When Jeremy Lin goes and plays a game for the Rockets.

he's not playing for your pride, or he's not playing so someone will pick you in a pickup hoops game at the park.

he's playing for the Rockets and he's trying to get assists and points.

If your cat is stuck in the tree, Jeremy Lin will not save it.

If China and Taiwan threaten each other, Jeremy Lin will not come and broker peace.

Sure he can be a role model, but it's not his job to raise your kids.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMzdAZ3TjCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Today i finally got used to seeing Jeremy Lin in the rockets uniform. go rockets !

14. tinman

Supporting Member

these are pretty 5 simple things I had mentioned.

I did tell the Lin Fans that they are dumber than McGrady Fans, which is pretty low.

I just told them to respect the Rockets, stop getting oversensitive when people criticize his basketball performance, he's not the Martin Luther King of Asian people, he's just a ball player. And stop arguing with badlee, he doesn't care about starters.

Here's an example, a Rockets fan somewhere on this thread is still having thoughts about losing Goran Dragic.

LOF gets angry and declares the Rockets dump Dragic and he's not as good as Lin.

Rocket fans who saw Dragic play for a year saw that he was a good player and so was Lowry. LOF doesn't care, they think Rocket fan is insulting Lin.

There you go Lou. And this scenario will repeat over and over again unless you mention that

15. tinman

Supporting Member

This is progress. If one or two Lin fans can move on, then so can all of them.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn't even read his post. Sweet Lou is just here to be an antagonist.

I do like the Captain Kirk pic though. nice.

17. seahawk

seahawk Member

Tinman never give up. I like your attitude.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

if one Lin fan can move on from the Knicks
    if one Lin fan can realize that Rocket fans are only criticizing his play because they want him to do well
    if one Lin fan can realize Lin isn't playing for the entire Asian population of Earth and just playing for the Rockets and his fat contract
    if one Lin can realize coachbadlee is not really hating on Lin, he just hates any player who isn't 3rd string

clutchfans will be a better play

we're one
    and we're not the same
    we hurt each other
    and we do it again

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

so many arguments already in preseason while the team had won most of their games, damn it's gonna get really ugly if the team start losing in regular season. :eek:

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

looked like you just replied to his post right before posting this one..