1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Did Statistics Become Racist? Miss Michigan Stripped Of Title Due To Statistical Knowledge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

She posted Tweets about black crime statistics -- specifically that blacks commit nearly a majority of murders in US and are largely responsible for the murder of blacks (stats). And she stated the hijab is an oppressive Islamic piece of bullshit -- oppressive, not impressive.

All of these things she said are true.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn, congratulations to her in her new conservative grifting career. I'm sure she's exited. Maybe with her new income she can do something about the "LGBTQ infestation" in her campus she was tweeting about.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe she should learn to be more tolerant, if you are an ******* - don't be surprised when things happen to you because you are an *******.

That's the way it is.

DD

R0ckets03, amaru and No Worries like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ends-controversial-tweets-that-cost-her-title

Here's the tweets that got her banned - by the way she deleted them so clearly she doesn't stand by them as much as she claims.

If I ran an organization that was all about public opinion and the encapsulating the gracefulness of a woman to be a spokesperson for my state - then she, she certainly doesn't qualify after writing things like this.

Not sure what she is complaining about.

#4 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Op, your Psychiatrist will answer all of your questions if you just ask him

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

“Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community before blaming others.

That sentence doesn’t look like a statistic to me. And what fraction of “white deaths” are caused by other “whites”?

It looks like someone being dismissive of racial bias against black people, and using the crimes committed by some fraction of them as an excuse for it.

#6 durvasa, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

To the OP, it is all about how you frame the statistics and how you use them.

If you are trying to use statistics to generalize, then yes, that is racist.

A lot of people use these numbers to generalize a group of people when still, only 1% of that group is responsible for those numbers. So blaming the 99% on acts of the 1% is silly and its an actual old trick that the Nazi's used to do.

amaru and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Statistics say hijab is religious oppression?

As for "majority of black deaths," I am pretty sure they are caused by heart disease, cancer, car accidents, old age, etc.-- you know... the common cause of death for the population overall?

justtxyank likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given that "Miss Michigan" is a title created by a private organization rather than the State of Michigan itself, I don't see what the problem is. A private organization and the people running it are exercising their right to not be associated with a particular point of view.

10. Nook

Nook Member

She doesn’t come across as very intelligent.

She isn’t the first or last person to voice her opinions. She is free to do so, but a private organization has the right to strip her of her crown if they wish to do so. We still live in a free country.

If she is smart she will use her notoriety to turn this into a Fox career. She isn’t really attractive enough for most Fox female talking heads, but she gets credit for being a minority parroting what Fox viewers want to hear. If she is down with being sexually abused, she should be good to go on Fox.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This forum is infested with sjws.

cml750 and sugrlndkid like this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

This forum is filled cucky Trump supporters who just want that hate in their heart embraced by all. The oppression!

dmoneybangbang and DaDakota like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Case in point. Better to just burn this place down and start over.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much everyone you disagree with (90% of the posters at this point) are SJW's according to you. Might want to look in the mirror and think about that.

justtxyank and dachuda86 like this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Careful there Trumpster. You're beginning to sound like an anarchist. That would align more with ANTIFA who you and other Trumpsters claim to abhor. Burn it down and start over is very un-American. I think I spotted me here a communist.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Private organization decides to disassociate with undesirable person.

The horror?

17. amaru

amaru Member

Asian version of Candace Owens it seems.

Nook likes this.
  18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Absolutely no one is forcing you to be here. You whine in every thread about the D&D being “infested with sjws”...yet all you do is cry about it. I’m not sure if you thought you’d be the one to make a difference here but if you dislike it so much, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Or, you can stop the incessant cry baby routine because not everyone agrees with you and take part in actual discourse.

I’ll await the reply that’ll be something akin to “NUH UH! IT’S THE LIBRALS FAULT NOT MINE!”

biff17 likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I fight the good fight. You'll thank me one day.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

London... it is a forum... can't burn it down... so I am obviously not serious. Got the idea from your handle actually.