1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Whataboutism]Have we ever seen anything like this before?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listen to yourself - you talked about putting me on a "list" and just described me as "subhuman trash" - have some self-awareness and see that you have the ideas and language of a fascist. This is what they do - they dehumanize people to justify violence against them.

And you are doing it too.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Vox raises good questions sometimes too... I don't think you get all your news there though and trust everything. Who said I trust BPS or Southern? They can put together good work just as anyone. You are mistaking that as someone saying they 100 percent agree with their journalism and commentary. I have made it clear I don't. Now go on with your ways. Just interesting you took to that comment like a fish to a worm.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

My words stand until you learn to debate and not falsely use the race card. You want to lie about me then I'll call you what you are. Good day.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The truth about you is that you are a white nationalist. You have proven that to me and many others on this board. You prove it again when you call me "subhuman". You quote white nationalists. You say they say things that make sense. You use their language. You use their insults. You have their views.

You have shown yourself to be one of them.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Repeating something doesn't make it true... I suggest you get a life other than trolling me with falsities.

If you are really thinking what you say, I still suggest you seek help.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Texas Johnson was as dirty as a rodeo port-a-potty in all of his elections and business dealings, but had just enough cognitive dissonance to jump on the let's not be violently racist to every non-white person, all the time, for any reason, in every avenue of life and in every single part of the country train; then he and Nixon (Lucas's inspiration for Palpatine) turned the country into a Star Wars episode. It sucks that a genuine progressive like Yarborough didn't have the time or skill to latch on to a Kennedy.

#46 Dairy Ashford, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kind of like repeating that you’re not a trump supporter doesn’t make that true?

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This is your victim mentality. I will point out that you responded to my post with the suggestion of putting me on a list. You are the one trolling here, not just me but the entire forum. It is you who needs to stop projecting and take a big time out.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Now there is your lying again. I didn't suggest putting you on a list. I said you sounded like a candidate for a homeland security list. And honestly you probably are on one with your fanatic level of hate for the president.

I am not advocating to put you on the list... you just sound like a crazy person; you misunderstood that I guess or chose to in order to play victim and try to get me banned.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The suggestion i be put on a list for opposing Trump and mocking him is pretty alarming. I am going to cease replying you to as you are getting into some extreme attacking here - again, i suggest you take a good hard look at yourself.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You go right on ahead and cease. I will cease talking to you too and we will both have a grand day.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Silent_Bob like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you he sounds like a candidate for the list, but you personally don't think he should be on it? Why bring it up then?

Either you think he should be on a list or you don't. You brought it up and said he sounded like a candidate for one. Did you think he sounded like an undeserving candidate? If so then why bring it up? If not, then you are suggesting he be put on a list. Either way, it is reasonable for him to believe you think he should be put on a list. That isn't him lying.

foh likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You comparing Vox to a white nationalist and a guy that thinks women shouldn't have a right to vote or many rights at all...

Yes, because replying to your silliness means I'm being defensive. You guys sure have an active imagination. I guess it is the best you can do at this point. At least I gave you an actual reason why I think you're a radical. Your reason for me being a radical is "You replied to my post." Mmkay...these are low effort posts from me, I'm losing no sleep over what an admitted troll says.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Dachuda has said that he doesn't have the time or energy to respond in a meaningful way. So it appears he only has the time and energy to spout seemingly crazy theories without backing every providing any reasoning or evidence to support them.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The two are vastly different. Not an English major I take it?

Silent_Bob likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am dogpiled... that's why I haven't the time or energy to reply to all posts. This thread is a great example of that actually. Thanks.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I never admitted to trolling. You choose to interpret things that way, it's on you. You project your beliefs on what you see and that's your problem.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I agree that your positions are in a minority. So many posters will have issues with them. It doesn't help that many of your positions seem unfounded and detached from reality which makes people call them out and try and point out the reasons to you. When folks ask for reasons or evidence they are actually trying to give you a chance to clarify and explain.

I don't think people want to write you off as out of touch or not being willing to use logical reasoning in your posts.

I agree that it looks like many posters will call out your posts.

You should just do whatever you have the time and energy for doing. If you want to try using the @ feature and alerting multiple posters who have the same or similar issues with your posts and addressing it only once, that may help. I don't know. My preference is for an actual exchange of different ideas and support. I have no idea how you come to the conclusions and overlook the evidence rationale put forward to argue against your posts. I would love to read about your thinking and why you come to the positions you reach.

Sweet Lou 4 2, Deckard and JayGoogle like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Being a Trump defender makes you crazy and detaches you from reality. I saw it even from Bobby at the end. He's lashing out a lot more instead of doing what he knows should be done.

Two times you said you liked making posts that sparked outrage, this is the definition of trolling. It would be like going to the GARM and saying "Hakeem wouldn't have won those championships if Jordan played those two years." I know the response I'm going to get.

But, you do you.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

You are playing a role of fake news. Trying to apply logic to things people say or mean. You and fake news have to understand that there are two people/egos inside most GOP supporting folks these days. One that is driven by emotions (eg. "feels like you are a good candidate for") and one that is driven by logic (e.g. "i don't think you should be a candidate for"). Trying to reconcile the two is an exercise in lying and fake news. Just look at Trump and his 2nd thoughts during G7 today: 'one of my 2nd thoughts is to increase tariffs and the other one of my 2nd thoughts is to reduce them and ambivalence is my middle name.'

edit: this is a (overly) sarcastic post because topic of "fake and disgusting" news gets me riled up. sorry!

#60 foh, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.