1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was Tom Cruise's last good movie?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Sep 22, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Trick Question...

He never had any..... :)

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Like most of his films (my least favorite was the third one one with Nicole Kidman, like the Irish one and the racing one). Some of his were really good.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This is far from the worst things about Scientology. You asked for an example of how it has helped him, this is just one of the many, many times the resources and power of Scientology, their deceptive "fee-based" funds gathering, and their slave labor has helped him. He's been a member for upwards of 35 years, he's been helped by them thousands of times.

His production company, which has produced nearly every movie he's been in for 25+ years has direct funding ties to Scientology and it's elite members. Seriously, anyone who spends half an hour investigating the CoS can find mountains and mountains of evidence of their evil. They aren't a religion, they don't do outreach or help others. They only recruit new sheep to help make those at the top richer and more powerful. Luckily, the religion is dying and most estimates have the membership as low as 50,000 worldwide.

But 40,000+ slaves in the SeaOrg is still terrible.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mmm hmmm. :D Contradiction in literally the next sentence.

Still not impressed with that level of evil. Scientology needs to step its game up to compete with the top dawgs.

#104 RudyTBag, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Xerobull likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tom Cruise wants to film the world's first action movie in space — and he's hoping a SpaceX rocket will take him there
    Who does he think he is....? Jan Michael Vincent?

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's a shame they didn't let him do his own flying in the "Top Gun" sequel...especially after he did all his own helicopter flying in "MI: Fallout".

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Best role ever.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i just watched that scientology documentary on HBO called going clear.

i totally lost all respect for tom cruise after seeing it. what a little weirdo/cult member he is. he is 100% complicit in so much crap...or he is 100% being blackmailed by them.

scientology is not a religion and it is so much more than a cult. it is a straight up criminal organization that should be disbanded.

last samurai is still a good movie though.

#108 jo mama, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Always helping the lesser actors around him bring out their best performance.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really liked The Edge of Tomorrow. How can you not like a movie where Tom Cruise gets killed several times.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What if that were muriatic acid? Tom should have beat his ass!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Since we seem to be revisiting this thread, I wanted to give a thumbs up to Cruise's performance in the underrated Eyes Wide Shut, @Plowman. I really enjoyed it, and have seen it more than once. Yes, it is weird, but I thought Cruise nailed his role in it. Didn't care for Nicole Kidman's performance, but part of the reason could be that I found her character irritating as hell.

When it was released, the film put out by Warner Bros. was a travesty and an insult to Stanley Kubrick, who died 6 days after reportedly turning in his final version of the flick. The studio cut parts of the more explicit sex scenes (the film's central focus is about sexual relations, etc.) and digitized others to make them "less offensive to audiences." While the "uncut version" has been released, I'm a little skeptical that we have seen the film Kubrick intended for the screen.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i will watch any tom cruise movie. he's like lerbon, his presence just makes things better. legend.