1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do with illegals?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr. Brightside, Oct 19, 2005.

?

What to do with Illegals?

1. Send them back

29 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. Allow them to stay

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Call Ari Schaeffer aka The Amazing Racist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Watch "A Day without a Mexican" dvd over and over again

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

US security chief strives to expel all illegal immigrants
    Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said his department aims without exception to expel all those who enter the United States illegally.

"Our goal at DHS (Homeland Security) is to completely eliminate the 'catch and release' enforcement problem, and return every single illegal entrant, no exceptions.

"It should be possible to achieve significant and measurable progress to this end in less than a year," Chertoff told a Senate hearing.

Thousands of "Mexicans who are caught entering the United States illegally are returned immediately to Mexico. But other parts of the system have nearly collapsed under the weight of numbers. The problem is especially severe for non-Mexicans apprehended at the southwest border," Chertoff explained.

"Today, a non-Mexican illegal immigrant caught trying to enter the United States across the southwest border has an 80 percent chance of being released immediately because we lack the holding facilities," he added.

"Through a comprehensive approach, we are moving to end this 'catch and release' style of border enforcement by reengineering our detention and removal process."

Chertoff's remarks in favor of returning "every illegal entrant, no exceptions" appeared to conflict directly with the US policy toward illegal Cuban migrants.

Though Cubans picked up at sea are returned to their country, those who reach US soil by air, sea or ground are allowed to stay and work -- a fact Cuba says encourages dangerous illegal emigration attempts.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

They say that seeking to whip up the poor working folks in their coalition, the wealthy elitists type Repugs around Rove have decided to focus next on immigrants. Perhaps they must have decided that they have gotten about as much miiege as possible out of the anti gay and abortion ruses. If they repeal Roe, they have to fire up the working class members of the coalition somehow.

I guess it is also a stealth way of replaying the racism card that has proven so effective for the GOP.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

this is actually one of the biggest political discussions in holland, Unfortunatly most people do not agree with me, and the minister defenitly does not agree with me(i really hate her Verdonk :mad: ).

p.s. I'm in favour of not throwing them out, and letting them die in the land they were born in. Why should we have all the wealth just because we were born in our country? and if people will probably die in their original land it is like murder sending them back.

4. Lobo

Lobo Contributing Member

So is your solution to have totally open borders everywhere in the world? :confused:

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Like Dave Chappelle said "If Elian Gonzales had been Elian Lumbumlo from Haiti the guys would have pushed the intertube back in the sea and said 'Sorry buddy all full."

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How is it that the countries that can't afford to even feed their people can keep reproducing at a rate to overtake the rest of the world and the industrialized nations are losing population?

That needs to change.

Free condoms with every bag of flour!

Here's another idea: We use all the illegal immigrant labor available to build a impenatrable fence all the way along the US/Mexico border like a big WPA project. They get work, we get security!

When it's done you throw a bunch of cash on the other side and lock the gate.

7. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Religious and economic factors make use of birth control far less prolific in unindustrialized nations. Moreover, the lack of education and professional opportunities for women, combined with more rural and agricultural work, means that there is a greater likelihood to rear a large family.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They need more free education instead of free condoms.

9. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Education is great 'n all, but a copy of Jane Austen isn't gonna stop the whip-tailed warrirors from reaching their target. Unless you're referring to sexual educaiton, which is very important but still requires a condom. Which comes first, the education or the condom?

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think illegals should be returned unless they can demonstrate they will be persecuted back in their home countries.

If businesses need migrant workers, then they should build a case for it, not circumvent minimum wage laws.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The higher the education level of a woman, the fewer kids she will have during her life. That has been a proven fact throughout the world. The women who are less educated and less able to afford having more kids are the ones wanting more babies (go figure that out).

Condom only stop unwanted pregnancies.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

As long as there are minimum wage laws (just try getting rid of those :( ) there is going to be a need for illegal immigrant labor to circumvent them.

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

actually no.
    However i do feel that if the people cannot life safely in their own country we should help them, and lett them stay in our.
    Also we should help the countrys that are poor.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Soylent Green

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Ship them back to their own country so we can outsource our jobs to them over there.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Don't let the door hit them on the way out. We have more illegal aliens then legal aliens.

17. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

send them back and mine the border :D

18. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

you so crazy

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I admire your feelings about helping those less fortunate that we are, and believe the same way... that we should do what we can to help them. I just wanted to point out that you live in one of the world's more densely populated countries (and one of the finest!). Would you feel the same way if 10 million, oh, oppressed Turks came to your country? How would the Netherlands handle that?

Keep D&D Civil.

20. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Actually a fair point - I have mixed feelings about minimum wage laws...on one hand they are not free market, but on the other hand, we aren't a bananna republic paying out a dollar a day either.

But I am not sure if the minimum wage laws truly benefit society.