1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should the Rockets do at #15?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Jun 13, 2002.

?

What should we do at #15?

1. Pick the best SF avilable (Nachbar?)

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Pick the best defensive SF avilable (Chris Jeffries?)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Use it to move up in the draft

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Trade the pick for a veteren

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Pick the best player avilable, regardless of position

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  6. None of the above (specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

We already know they'll pick Ming, so what should they do at #15? I think moving up by trading KT and/or Mooch to get a premier SF would be the best option, since we already have Tierre and Griffin at backup PG and PF and we need a good young SF like Woods or Tskitishvilli.

PS- It should be avAilable, not avilable :eek:

#1 SuperS32, Jun 13, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2002
  2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know if you can really call them veterans, but I would try to package the fifteenth pick with some player(s) and try to acquire Lewis, Artest, or Odom (in that order). I know we could only do a sign and trade with Seattle after the free agency signing period begins. I realize that Lewis probably can't be acquired this way, but Artest or Odom might.

Otherwise, I rate the small forwards in the draft
    Dunleavy/Butler/Nachbar/Jefferies/Woods

Dunleavy and Butler are going to be taken too early so you can pretty much cross them out. But the last three are definite possiblities. I don't see Jefferies or Woods getting much playing time at all, but I think Nachbar could do well his first year.

I'm pretty sure Tsika... will end up being a PF like Gasol, but maybe they could take a chance on him if they can somehow move up.