1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Should the Dems Do to Make a Comeback.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jan 24, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

On closer analysis you will see that most of the people that voted for trump will be dead in 20 yrs. This was a fluke and correctly illustrated popular opinion by a huge margin with the popular vote---which is going to grow greatly. You'll look back at this while touting anti-intellectual, anti-inclusive, racist, and baseless information trump teaches you during that time. Enjoy it my friend.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am saying that you are not acting your age.

Carry on.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's becoming increasingly clear --- focus on messaging exactly what this WH is doing.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

B-Bob likes this.
  5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Keep Trump in power for four years and prosecute those around him that colluded with the Russians, best possible strategy for Democrats.

6. conquistador#11

Best resolution is someone with a personality, strong christian beliefs, one that really abides by the teachings of christ. Though that could backfire, if you tweeted out christ's message the other side might yell out "commies!" Even though it's their side playing soviet roulette. I say get rid of both parties repeal and replace everyone. :doing little hand quotes:

NewRoxFan likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

I'd like to see fresh leading Democrats (Harris, Booker, Gillibrand, Castro, Klobucher, Hickenlooper, Murphy, Garcetti, O'Malley, Cuomo) supported by the "old" voices (Biden, Warran, Sanders, Obama) starting to talk about Democrat principles and policy. Heck, with outsiders like Zuckenberg, Sandburg and Cuban. Democrats can still hammer away at Trump, but start to balance with what Democrats can do for middle America, pocketbook issues along with traditional citizen rights and environmental/economic issues.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I was listening to NPR the other day, which brought back memories of this thread. The hosts were criticizing and chastising Trump for his "Made in America Week".

That is exactly how Democrats should right the boat: turn "American" into a pejorative. Continue to vilify people's livelihoods as trivial, anecdotal, and unimportant. Those voters in the "blue wall" states sure will appreciate that, tell you what.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The solution for the left is simple.

Unite the working class. Pound the s*** out of Republicans on wealth inequality and crony capitalism. Embrace single payer and debt-free paths to education.

[​IMG]

Mathloom, REEKO_HTOWN and JayGoogle like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Didn't listen to it, but Trump is very deserving of criticism for 'made in America'. If that's what it was, then you are the one that see that as a criticism of "American" and not Trump. T

Trump- do as I said, not as I do.

11. NewRoxFan

Since I didn't listen to NPR the day you were doing "oppo research" I canonly guess that the "chastising" being done was about the hypocrisy of "buy American" while Trump and his family products are Made in [just about every other country than America].

But sure, spin that into a "hate America message" if that helps you feel better while your current administration and republican congressmen work closely with Russia...

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've said it before, but the party has to move away from the professorial crowd (yes, including the good and fiery Senator from Mass/Harvard) and move the hell away from identity politics as spoken, self-righteous ritual. It's tribal and divisive, in terms of politics. Show your inclusivity, but quit obsessing over it and beating everyone over the head with it. As writers say, show don't tell.

The central telling message has to be one of economics. Too many people are hurting, and so many others are one bit of bad luck away from financial ruin. Most young people see no clear route to financial stability, never mind ascension. The American dream is on life support. Their opponents only seem to make these collective factors worse for most Americans, as they continue funneling money to the top of the shaky pyramid.

There should be no other message and it should start now.

Deckard, Rashmon and DonnyMost like this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Using "Made in America" as a launch pad to attack Trump.

Blue-wall residents must find this amusing.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They should stop being p*****s. Its the truth.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. pirc1

What is wrong with this? Is there any part of it not the truth?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Summed up, stop talking above people's heads

Healthcare is a major accomplishment but people don't understand it

17. pirc1

Which party do you believe will help people like you and your family more? GOP and Trump or Democrats.

18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

This. Especially the part I bolded.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you wanna argue about Trump in this thread I don't want to.

I apologize if that isn't your intention

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How horrible: NPR reported exactly what happened at the White House, including friendly details of crab pots, cowboy hats, etc, then conveyed exactly Trump's message, and then pointed out Two Scoops' long history of buying and hiring overseas. Also added about his next steps in even tones.

Seriously, I know it's hard to glance down from your high horse, but can you explain to us idiots (sic, implied) what would piss off a red stater about that? The truth? The lack of Lee Greenwood soundtrack or guest analysis?

Have you ever watched Fox News? Should someone who has actually studied propaganda explain the difference for you?

pirc1 likes this.