1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Should the Dems Do to Make a Comeback.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

How about we put country over party. How about each party actually puts forth a candidate worth getting out to vote for. Or how about we put the parties aside and actually vote for who is the best candidate.

You're still in complete denial about how awful Clinton was. For some odd reason, you think just because a (D) is beside her name, Democrats should just blindly and foolishly get out and vote.

Democrats deserve Trump just as much as the Republicans do. The party of super delegates, the same one who are still obsessing about the popular vote, chose Hillary as their leader, regardless of her trail of destruction. You lot think just because you all fired a few corrupt DNC operatives makes everything right. The fact remains the DNC is no better than the RNC. The sooner you learn this the better off you are. Trump is playing both parties for fools and neither side is willing to admit it. The Republicans are Trumps b****es and the Democrats are too stupid to take advantage of this situation.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I feel like I've seen this post from you, oh, a hundred times already. The plausible deniability of making no choice so you can b**** and whine like a little girl and rail against the system like a teenager oblivious to reality. You're Bobby without the sociopath diagnosis.

I don't vote for people because of what party they're in, I vote for them because of what they propose and how closely the candidates resemble my beliefs as opposed to other candidates. I'm not under any illusions about party politics. You think you're unearthing some great truth but it's really just your naivete showing. These party politics have been the same for hundreds of years. So you can keep whining or you can make a choice but don't presume you have some inside knowledge about it that eludes everyone else. That's silly. If you want to piss all over the process and think you'll promote some era where there's a political purity test then I've got news for you.

#62 CometsWin, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I find it a bit challenging to be scolded about "party before country" by someone that voted for Trump (oh yea, you say you didn't) and has defended every move and position he has made (oddly, since you didn't "vote" for him)...

joshuaao likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

You obviously vote for your party regardless of the candidate. Your solution to a Democrat comeback (this is the topic in case you forgot) is, and I quote "What's wrong with the left is they don't vote, certainly not in mid terms and certainly not in this election."

You clearly do not care who the candidate is. You dont care about their ethics. If you'd step out of your echo chamber, you would realize the DNC has a serious identity issue. They are not the same party from the 60's who actually gave a **** about people. The have taken the place of the Republicans who were the party of elitist and big money. The average Democrat voter may care, but the DNC has failed their party, just as the RNC has.

If you dont want people like Trump in office, then don't put losers on your ticket. Put your big girl pants on and suck it up. With the mentality of people like you, the Left will continue to take loses in the foreseeable future, just as the Right has for the past two elections ... loading their tickets with piss poor candidates.

5. Space Ghost

Your mentality explains a lot. You only see what you want to see, obviously. Or you're just blinded by your own tears. I have stated if I could re-vote, I would have voted Trump. I am more convinced than ever Hillary would have been a disaster.

For some odd reason, you believe anyone who is not attacking Trump relentlessly is one who defends Trumps every move.

I agree with many of Trumps ideas in principle, but his execution is ridiculous. Yes, we need to secure our borders better, but a wall is pointless. We need to stop accepting so many refugees. I am very happy to see the healthcare mandate go. His EO requiring weekly criminal activity reports from illegals is pointless. His constant twitter attacks are childish.

If snowflakes like yourself would actually listen to the average person, you would find many people agree on some of his actions and some strongly disagree. But I am sure you see them all as 'party before country' voters.

If extremist like yourself would treat politics as the heart line of our country instead of treating it as a sports fan boy, we all would be better off.

6. NewRoxFan

LOL... my mentality. Yet you voted for Trump. Oh wait, you say you didn't, but instead you now say you would have voted for him. Don't know what's worst, someone who is dishonest about what he did, or someone who now knows what sort of President Trump has become AND would now vote for him. Scary.

The first time you post in opposition to what he has done will be the first. Instead, you weasel around it... "Gee, I agree with him, but I don't." "I want all the horrible things he wants to do, but I don't want to take responsibility for how he does it." Meanwhile, this country moves one step further away from what Reagan called "a shining city on a hill."

So keep supporting Trump. And shirking responsibility. At least RocketLegend and bigtexx are honest in what they want this country to become.

joshuaao, FranchiseBlade and DudeWah like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is another George W. Bush whitewash in the making. It must be nice to avoid accountability for the decisions your leaders make while blaming the other side for following theirs.

Buckle up Space Ghost. That last slow motion trainwreck you were in gave "independents" like you a case of selective amnesia.

8. Dei

Dei Member

9. NewRoxFan

Lol, welcome to last week...

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simply, the Dems should hire China to make a bunch of fake news to retip the balance back to them. China has an interested in seeing Trump defeated and ruined, and thus just as Russia is turning the Republican party into the USSR, China can have fun with the Dems.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Play the "It's Trump fault" games for the next 20 years ??

hilarious

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Dei

Dei Member

I think that can get them executed for treason.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Umm, no it can get them back in the white house. LOL

14. Space Ghost

Did a liberal poster really just suggest the Democrats should double down on their unethical and corrupt behavior by colluding with China? This is the behavior that ultimately lost Hillary the presidency. You guys will never learn.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a joke pointing out the Russian involvement in the past election. Hillary didn't lose because she was in league with the Chinese.

16. pirc1

Did you see SG get all bent out of shape when Russia helped Trump win?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Republicans didn't get executed for treason, so I think you are wrong

18. Space Ghost

Except nobody colluded with Russia. It was Hillary's awful policies and position that inspired them. I am confident Russia would have stayed their course regardless of the Republican candidate.

19. pirc1

Oh I am sure if the Democrats do get the Chinese to do their bidding, they won't be "colluding" with them, LOL.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You keep spreading that misinformation but nothing the Russians did had anything to do with Trump winning. Hillary being just an awful candidate that the people couldn't support is why Trump won. Trying to spin the loss isn't going to help Dems "make a comeback", they need to understand why they really lost and learn the lesson from it......then again, I'm fine with them not learning their lesson and instead whining about being cheated. It just ensures that the future will see more of the same and the Dems weren't doing anything positive for the country anyway.