1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rudy, Sarah, and others mock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Apr 9, 2010.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Palin was out bashing community organizing again. Let's look at what she mocks.

Youth lead community organizing fought back against these unfair practices.

God forbid someone work in a nonviolent pacifist way to aid the poor and homeless. Anyone who does this should be mocked by the likes of Sarah Palin who's sum total of accomplishments to measure up to half of a movement like this.

More community organization that deserves to be nothing other than a punch line.

Those idiotic community organizers and their efforts to have women vote, and be treated equally. I'm glad the GOP is putting them in their place by mocking the idea of organizing for such projects.

This is what was said in 2008.

Of course Palin's lame comment was met with a nice retort.
    Today Palin said this
    What is it with mocking something far more important, and meaningful than anything Palin has ever done with her life?

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Too bad all the low-hanging fruit was picked by the time Obama got into it.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yeah, community organizers don't do any good anymore, and should be the butt of jokes by people who haven't done half as much for this nation.

These notable deeds should definitely be mocked. While we're talking about people's notable service, would care to highlight the service Palin has done?

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

lol helping the unfortunate

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sarah is dissing Obama, ..I've got no problem with it. That was in response to Obama dissing.
    This is only a start to the political postering. It's time to unleash...Go for the throat!

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually Sarah compared Obama to a school yard kid in a fight who would say, ""Go ahead, punch me in the face and I'm not going to retaliate. Go ahead and do what you want to with me."

Obama is very clever. He's trying to elevate Sarah Palin as she would be easy fodder for him to defeat in 2012. I think he wants to run against her.

The more attention Palin gets, the more likely she will win the nomination. Obama's pretty calculating with his words - I have no doubt his "retaliation" against Palin was calculated as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually when Sarah started bashing community organizing it was in 2008. She has a long history of bashing community organizing. It's a very strange tactic.

Going for the throat is one thing, but this is like going for the throat of nun and then laughing about the nun's good deeds. Why would anyone decide to do that?

Community organizing is almost entirely good. Why would someone decide to attack that aspect.

Again Palin hasn't done anything in her entire life as useful to society as community organizing that I'm aware of.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Palin has no room to bash community organizers, and their function.... it is essentially what she is involved with now, and it is how the far right of the Republican party, the right-to-lifers and the religious right all became as powerful as they are.

As for her bashing Obama on the nuclear reduction.... there is SPECIFIC language that excludes terrorism and biological warfare. There is also a reduction %-wise in line with what the Republicans have pushed before. Simply stated the Republicans are against it because Obama is for it... that is all.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This stuff has, and once again will, come back to bite them in the ass.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i think you're onto something here...

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine if Palin ran against Obama?

He could attack her for having resigned as Governer after not even a half-term!

He would dissect her in debates.

Even if all his policy is a disaster, who would be able to muster up enough courage to vote for Palin???

If you're a democratic, you have to be praying for Palin to win the nomination.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

although i don't self-identify as a democrat, i'm sure as hell hoping this happens...if ONLY for the 1-2 solid years of pure entertainment it would cause.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The thing is that if we are to believe the story behind tea parties, it is in large part because of community organizing that they were even formed.

Palin is attacking her own base, and they are too ignorant to even know it. Though she is probably clueless that is what is going on as well.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I get what the point of the Palin/Republican joke is. Community organizing is hardly a qualification for the presidency. Still, it is cringe worthy to hear people mock it. The majority of this country will let their life pass them by without lifting a single finger to do something that will benefit the greater good of the nation. They will pay their taxes (begrudgingly) and give sparingly to random charities with no followup regarding how their money is spent, but actually work to improve our political system? Work to better the lives of the poor? Work to increase voter participation? Oh thee of such humor and wit!

#14 justtxyank, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    1 person likes this.