1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rookie player is going to the D-League first?

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by zzpot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Grape_Swisha281

exactly what i was thinking -_-

2. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

Machado is going down for sure. I think he will b the only Rookie. Marcus Morris will be with the Vipers yet again.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I didn't get to see as much of Terrence in Summer League as I would have liked. I had read somewhere that the mechanics of his shot were off (relying on professional scouts' opinions rather than my own is probably the wise choice). I looked to try and find the quote, but could not. NBA Draft Express (which has pretty good write-ups) was not as hard on Terrence's jump shot, so maybe I was wrong. I hope I'm wrong of course!

Another person that seems to have been forgotten about is Jajuan Johnson. From my understanding, he is no slouch. It's possible that he finds a spot in the rotation ahead of any of the rookies, which it seems would surprise most ppl on this board. Not that I'm predicting that - it's just a possibility.

4. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'd really like to see Jajuan get some time at 3 in training camp. The post game is not really his strength, but he's athletic and has great length. We could have a starting/reserve front-court all over 6'9. That would be awesome.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Machado and R.White

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How's his lateral movement? He played center in college....

Even though it seems to be attempted often enough, I would think transitioning from a 4 to a 3 would be really hard. Going from guarding slow post players to quick wings....just seems really hard....

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Royce White.

8. amaru

amaru Member

White is most likely the first to go down to Rio Grande. Idk where he gets minutes.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Royce Alexander White because he lacks quickness to play the SF and height to play PF. Hopefully he can shine in summer camp and get a spot

10. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

NONE of them (Lamb, White, DMo, TJones) should see the D-League!!!!!!!
    They should let them grow together
    Mchado is likely to visit Rio Grande for a while

11. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

T-Jones is starter from Day 1

Royce going down to develop offense IMO

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I thought so too, but looks like Ppat is ahead of the competition.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i'm no prophet ... probably Lamb.

if the starting 5 is Lin, Martin, Parsons, Patterson & Asik then alternately skilled substitutes would suggest small dee & big O are premium.

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I know Scott Machado's going to the D League for sure. Aaron Brooks made a couple of D-League stops before he finally got consistent playing time.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Mr. White or Mr. Machado are most likely, unless Lamb or Jones does something stupid in camp and get on the coach's bad side.