1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the logic behind LOF's?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

2. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Cool animation.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Lame comeback.

4. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Lame comeback for a lame troll, very appropriated.

5. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

And this is your best comeback?

6. Dei

Dei Member

Lame troll that appropriated your ass.

7. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

You have just pulled this out of your ass?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Pass what you wrote to your teacher when you go to school, and ask him/her if what you wrote made sense.

But I guess you indeed wanted the honor of being the first on my ignore list. Congratulations troll, the certificate you asked for is coming your way.

9. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Wow, this is from flamingdts who failed to man up and admit that he has told a plain lie.

So now you refuse to further discuss your "flamingdts r****ded statistical model"? I just want to help you to refine it. Why are you trying to run away?

Instead of responding to my questions, you choose to chicken out this way. What a shame.

Like I have told you, your trash will be sent back to you with $10 for your postage.

10. Dei

Dei Member

I just want to let everyone know that I wiped LinHype's face on the floor the last few posts. Read it. It's quite entertaining.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and you would be doing all of us a HUGE favor if you just drop it at this point. Nothing will be accomplished from this point on(some might argue this point was reached 5 pages ago) unless you jsut want to inflict pain on the rest of us. ;)

12. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Wow the loser called Dei who ran away for covered like a chicken after 5:24am on 2-6-2013 came back to declare victory. Yeah I would really like everyone to read it to see how you were pwned fair and square. True that it's quite entertaining to read how a troll like you got pwned.

13. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

The more you think about it, the more you become upset about having been pwned. And this is the best comeback you could come up with. ROFL.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^ I don't know how clutch does it anymore but you can still get banned for nonsensical nonstop arguing.

15. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Who has restarted the argument after more than 1 whole day of silence? If you need a hint, read post #270.

16. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

I know which side you are with based since you are the starter of this thread. But the fact that you have tried to accuse me of restarting the argument when it is obviously not the truth is very hypocritical.

17. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

You are not the starter of this thread. My mistake. But the rest of my post is still true.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Was this taken from your mom's basement?

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I actually wrote about this today. Too lazy to import hyperlinks. I'll spoiler.

As we celebrate the one year anniversary of Linsanity, let’s raise awareness of a little known but pervasive problem in the world of sports.

A year ago, Jeremy Lin burst on the sports scene and into celebrity in the form of Linsanity. While it is difficult to know someone you’ve never met, Lin seems pretty easy to judge with a quick once-over. He plays hard on the court without ruffling feathers. He avoids the wrong kind of attention off the court. He has a charity foundation with which he is actually involved. He’s even found the right level piousness for a person so regularly in the spotlight. All told, Jeremy Lin seems like a good if not great man.

While Jeremy Lin is not the first (or 10th) Asian player to play in the NBA, he is the first Asian American to play in the last 10 years and certainly has a unique story. It’s better than unique, it’s great. The best part? That $25 million dollar deal from a team that cut you. But I digress. Jeremy Lin has become a hero to Asian Americans. They come to his games across the country and bring an ethnic pride difficult to put into words. It would appear to be good clean fun. But there’s a dark side.

Sports fans, like fans of pretty much anything, are fickle. Houston Rockets fans have been through a lot since the glory days of the mid 90s. There were the false hopes of the dribble out the clock years with Steve Francis and Cat Mobley. The appearance of Yao. Then the Tracy Mcgrady trade and all the expectations of the Yao/T-Mac duo that were, in reality, just as fleeting as a dream in pajama jerseys. Then, poof, enter Jeremy Lin. Through it all they, like sports fans everywhere, have shared the ride together at the water cooler, on message boards, on the streets.

Jeremy Lin came to Houston at the start of this season. He was welcomed to the Rockets by the fans, his teammates, and relatively low expectations for the Rockets collectively. The eleventh-hour signing of James Harden did more to cloud the waters than raise expectations at the beginning of the season.

Lin brought more than himself when he arrived in Houston. He brought a whole new kind of fan. Many fans of Jeremy Lin bring a very interesting perspective to basketball. They often provide advanced statistics as a means to examine Lin’s play. What a perfect fit for the Rockets and Moreyville! Still, something feels amiss…what is it?

It all revolves around Jeremy Lin. 40 point blowout win at Utah? Quick, check the box score, compile a video of Lin highlights, log onto Clutchfans to complain that Lin played 25 minutes to Harden’s 28. Fire Mchale!

Win over the Celics? Ohhhh, *$#!, Rondo better think twice about talking that mess about #7 again!

These fans are very loyal. Just not to the Rockets. And that pisses long-time Houston fans off like a Karl Malone bear hug.

Lin brought with him an extremely loyal online army. Many are new to following the NBA. This does not make them stupid, just ignorant to the ways in which an NBA season plays out. They display outrage at the fact that Kevin Mchale substitutes Jeremy Lin out of the game stating that this will destroy his confidence. When Mchale took a leave of absence from the team earlier in the year, it was assistant coach Kelvin Sampson who had a vendetta against Lin, opting to play Toney Douglas in favor of the inconsistent Lin.

It’s a baffling dynamic in Houston. Long-time Rockets fans catch themselves not enjoying watching Jeremy Lin play. Then, realizing how crazy it is to let petulant NBA neophytes have any say in how they feel about this team that they have followed through so many disappointments, through Scottie freaking Pippen, they make a concerted effort to just let it be. The more the merrier.

“This is like the Jackie Robinson of the Asian-American community.” Oh yeah, the race card. I’m not going to dissect the quoted statement. It has also been suggested that:

Jeremy Lin does not get as much playing time because the coaches are racist.
    Jeremy Lin does not get calls because the refs are racist.
    NBA commissioner David Stern is a racist.
    People in Houston are racists.

So I’m here to set the record straight. Everyone is excited to have Jeremy Lin in a Rockets jersey. We are all cheering for him to do well. But there’s another layer that seems to escape ya’ll. The Rockets do not stand or fall on the play of any one player. Jeremy Lin seems more than happy with his current role on the team. So go ahead and read and discuss neat things like how Lin is faster than Derrick Rose or that his advanced stats suggest that he might be better utilized in a different way. That’s what fans do. But leave that Jeremy Lin above all stuff on the bus. Or take it to a Jeremy Lin site. You wanna talk with Rockets fans? Talk about the Rockets.

Jackie Robinson…

#279 Roxnostalgia, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Take it for what its worth from someone that did the same exact thing in the lowry/brooks debacle. I was being stubborn and posted way too many times. It was right to pull me aside and lucky for me Clutch took my apology and didn't ban me.

So yea, do what you want but don't start looking around if you try and login and you can't.