1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is one food product that you absolutely love and don't know why

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Jul 25, 2014.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Total agreement here. I will stick my finger in the cup and get every last drop of that cheese. I wish I knew how to make it myself.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Uncooked Ramen is my stuff... Me and my friends call them ghetto chips

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We make something we've dubbed Indigestion Special (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper, a dash of oil and a healthy dose of apple cider vinegar) marinated for a few hours to top freshly made green beans. You can also eat it alone.

4. likestohypeguy

Just making sure you're aware of salvadorian style cream. It's my go to topping for spaghetti even.

5. VanityHalfBlack

6. Buck Turgidson

This is the old Hill Country German recipe my family uses:

3/4 c vinegar (I use cider vin)
    1/4 c water
    1 1/2 tsp celery salt
    1 1/2 tsp mustard seed
    1/2 tsp salt
    4 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp cayanne
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 garlic clove, sliced thin

Boil for 1 minute pour over veggies of your choice. If you need more liquid, make more. Adjust the spice level according to your tastes, I just eyeball everything. I use whatever I have in the garden: cucumbers, tomatoes, red/green bell peppers, a hot pepper or 3 (de-seeded if too hot) banana peppers, red onion are the staples, but I will throw in celery, carrots too when the mood stikes. Use whatever you like.

Avocado is great in it, but add it in a separate bowl about a couple of hours before serving, it will not keep well beyond the day it's made (turns too mushy).

Keeps for 4 days or so in the fridge, you can re-boil & re-use the liquid.

Goes great with bbq, boiled or fried seafood (I don't do cole slaw, so this is my substitute). As was mentioned, keep some tums around just in case.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

School chicken and dumplings and school fried burritos and chilli.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Deli meat! Smoked turkey, chicken, roast beef, ham, pastrami... I love it all!

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

10. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

McDonald's filet-o-fish