1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is more of a Problem for Blacks in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it takes 100 years, that's on them. The only thing people are owed is the elimination of government supported barriers, everything else is on them. It's not policy that is keeping large portions of the black community in a cycle of poverty, it's poor life choices that is doing it. Now sure, we should encourage people to not make bad life choices, but in the end, it's on them. There's really nothing that can be done to make people start doing the right things, that's the downside of freedom.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There aren't any barriers to opportunity other than those people place on themselves. The largest barrier to opportunity is a poisonous subculture that glamorizes bad life choices. If you want to fight something, fight that.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Technically, since its' a problem that we as a country/society created (through 400+ years of massive institutionalized inequality), it's really on all of us if we want to jump start changes.

To add, I expect in this period of time, great individuals to continue to rise to the top despite the circumstances. But if you're talking about a large group as a whole, I'd expect slower movements, it's just the way world works.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And spend the billions on education, medical treatment, and mental health.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's simply not true. The country didn't force people to make bad life choices, that's on them. I get that you want to make excuses for bad life choices, such as things that happened to ancestors, but it just isn't going to cut it.

The fact that a black person had some of his ancestors own some of their other ancestors didn't make him drop out of high school to smoke crack and have 5 children out of wedlock by the time he was 23.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Umm what country do you think this is?

But mainly its as simple(maybe not) as staying together working as a team..as a COUPLE ..that is the real issue. Black,white, green etc. A teamwork oriented couple wouldnt help huh?
    There are plenty of opportunities and having more than single parent allows for that.

I see opportunity everyday at my work. As anecdotal as you may want to get..but I certainly am not allowed to do 1% of some of these types that get constant work benefit of doubt. This one dude sleeps at work yet gets all the opportunity at work. Neck tattoos,you name it. It happens to the white and hispanic neck tattoo gangsters as well. They are treated as if not worth the hr nightmare they likely would be so everyone capitulates. Its weird, doesnt help the client, bottom line or anything else. It's them (hr/management) that couldnt be f**ucked with it. They (poor neck tattoo gangstas)have the opportunity but dont even know. They are too busy trying to get stangs and run poon.

Opportunities are there but when you come from a single parent home, have all kinds of babies from all kinds of moms- when opportunity comes a knockin 99 times out of 100 they are not even trying or know. Then when they do get the job getting them to show is a whole other sh**it show. No incentive mixed with abject entitlement& laziness is easy. My drug dealer asked to apply at me work..he didnt fill out anything and I can only ask him so many times. Its complaint for complaints sake. His gear is nice though.

Work as a team with significant other. I know this one guy where he calls cps due to jealousy of his ex and she does the same. You think he is going to be a top flight worker when he is dealing with home drama? Chances are she will get on the wic deal if she can catch another strangers nut.

The answer needs to be rubbers, and focus on family/teamwork in the relationship. Its amazing how this alone helps. I know another girl that just quit her millionth job because she has 0 childcare single mom.. and collecting in various charities allows her to get nails done every week etc. She is not black she is lazy and entitled ..doesnt work. The system is enabling her.

Its 80-90%single parent related.

7. amaru

amaru Member

I was referring to my family. I'm both Trinidadian and AA, therefore I have a West Indian side of my family and an American side.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member