1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What in the world can Cato do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texan69128, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Hydra

Hydra Member

ESource,

Do you really need all of your posts to be in bold?

2. ESource

ESource Member

I know, I know, board etiquette states that typing in bold letters means I'm yelling. But I'm just a loud talker that's all. Also, bold letters just looks cooler..... :cool:

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Wow, thanks for bringing up that game again. That was a great game. I was living out of the city at the time and that was about the only game I saw of the Rockets that whole year, and I was pretty inspired at how they fought considering how overmatched talent-wise they were at the time.

Yes, Cato did look great in that game. Cato had spurts this year too. There was a game against the Nets this year where Cato was absolutely embarrasing Todd MacCulloch.

Not to make too much out of a few games, but Cato has talent and potential, and can be a very valuable player when he plays with confidence. Yao Ming may not be ready to start at all this year, so we should appreciate having a guy like Cato (who, imo, is an above average NBA center right now) around as insurance until Yao is ready to start.

4. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

Old man Rock, great post. Thanks for the stats. Here is my take on cato's value last year in a different thread.

Esource, you need to add a /b tag to your posts. Posting in all bold doesn't make you seem more intelligent, just louder. And you really need to work on seeming more intelligent.

5. Sane

Sane Member

Ming is already fatigued, and training camp hasn't begun, while the tournament he's in is in the early stages. Don't expect him to start.

Instead, expect Cato to improve on last season's play, mainly because of shot blocking and offense. Cato's play last season was filled with effort. If he can stay in shape in the offseason, while brining the same game again, and not have to worry about foul trouble, we can see a VERY VERY good C rotation compared to the rest of the league.

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He's going to school Yao Ming. That beanstalk will be Cato's b**** for the first year or two... Cato is fired up right now!

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Saying that Cato is fired up, is like saying Ming is to short to play in the NBA.
    CATO=LAZY....................................................................................

8. ESource

ESource Member

Wow! Rice alums CAN really read! Too bad they CANNOT understand what the meaning is....."it just looks cooler", understand now?! Hook 'EM!!! :cool:

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

being a longhorn myself, i will say that this kind of attitude does not reflect on all students that attend UT :D

10. lpbman

lpbman Member

really... if dark letters upset you, maybe you should seek help

11. ESource

ESource Member

Thaaaank you!!! I mean really, people getting "weirded out" becuz I prefer to use bold letters.....what's that all about? :eek:

12. D-Up

D-Up Member

Is there any kind of scenario whereby Denver is willing to part with Nene Hilario for Cato and/or other players/picks??

I'd rather have Hilario, even tho he has not played one second in the NBA yet. He could back up both C and PF spots.

The Rockets need an intimidator on D, and Cato is NOT it.

13. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

ESource: "Hook 'EM!!!

Ah, this explains everything. I had naturally assumed you were an Aggie. My apologies.

Bold text is for emphasis. If you feel that everything you write needs to be emphasized, please feel free to write in bold all the time if you want. Use 24 point Arial Black. I'm only "freaked out" by important things, like global warming.

14. ESource

ESource Member

geez, no need to get in a tizzy.....it's all love on this site..... :cool:

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I really don't think anyone's gotten in a tizzy, ESource. It is annoying though. As has been said, bold is understood to emphasize important points. It reads like you want everyone to know that your posts are very, very important. Take the advice and change it or keep being mildly annoying. No big deal either way and it's up to you. But don't act like posting in bold is some kind of campaign for personal freedom. It's boring.

16. lil_wil644

lil_wil644 New Member

First of all real Rockets fans dont hate on their own players. I think you need to leave KC alone because i think that Yao will take a while to develope and till then KC will be our starting center. so get use to him.

17. hector

hector Member

i'm a big rockets fan and i will have to admitt that cato isn't all that. he does some what come through "some times" but what we need is consistancy out of our players.. he never really was a good shooter,rebounder,blocker or anything. i watch every rocket game even if they are getting spanked and i know what i see.. look at his stats they say it all!!! i think he is a better player coming off the bench, and we will need him on our team this year for the simple fact that we need big bodies. so my over all opinion is he's o.k...

18. ESource

ESource Member

Okay, how can I make myself any clearer? I post my comments in bold letters becuz "it just looks cooler to me" and it's my preference. I don't really mean to annoy anyone by it BUT if you are, well........ :p

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Things are definitely slow around here if we spend a page discussing type face.

20. ESource

ESource Member

Just some "friendly" chain-pulling going on........ :cool: