1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we don't get anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vengeance, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, assuming we have all of this cap room at the off-season, what do we do with it?

Obviously we go after Webber, but if we don't get him, there isn't much left. Where do we go from there? Just sit on the space until the following year? If we sign Mo (in the absence of CWebb), wouldn't he count against that cap, making the space not so valuable.

If we don't get Webber, what do we do with the space?

------------------
    "Any answer that can't be questioned is no answer at all. It's gibberish. It's the jabbering of startled monkeys flinging dung at the moon" -- Scott Christensen -- www.ewav.com

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Whoops, my fault, didn't see the other post about free agents.

SORRY!

------------------
    "Any answer that can't be questioned is no answer at all. It's gibberish. It's the jabbering of startled monkeys flinging dung at the moon" -- Scott Christensen -- www.ewav.com

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I bet if we make a run at Webber, we lose Taylor anyway, especially since it looks like he's going to continue playing much better.

Just my gut feeling, but we're going to be the Bulls of the 2001 offseason. We've been way too spoiled over the last few years.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If we don't get Webber we will be the same average team we are this year.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking!!! Chicago had TONS of cash to give away, and couldn't lure anyone there of much importance. Understood, a HUGE factor in that was the assholes in management over there. But it IS possible...in the Webber sweepstakes, I don't see us having a better chance than Sacramento or New York...ESPECIALLY Sacramento--that team continues to improve.

From Webber's standpoint--what would be the point of leaving Sacramento to come to Houston. I know he has family here or whatever--that's nice. But he is currently closer to a championship (obviously) while in Sacramento than Houston is. We can say that he would lead us to a title, but I'm not so sure he's convinced of that.

I like the idea of chasing Webber--but let's leave ourselves a couple of outs, in case it doesn't work out with C-Webb.

------------------
    Jazzkiller