1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What homecourt advantage looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It really is sad to see. I chalked this up to a blow out and people really not thinking this team is a challenge for the Rockets.

But is sad when someone like GSW crowd when they are up 20 cheer every shot like it's a game winner.

Maybe if we get to face a team like that people realize that the games are now important and will be louder.

Something needs to be done because it's really embarrassing.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Warriors with the real home court advantage. Up 20 in a blowout from halftime and their crowd is still cheering like it's a close game and booing when the refs make calls against them.

Our crowd was pathetic today. We definitely have no home-court advantage like the other playoff teams. Too many idiots would rather support the year-after-year disappointing Texans than an actual contender in the Rockets.

cdrive, CK Johnson, icewill36 and 2 others like this.
  3. BleedsRocketRed

Where at in MN? I have a 2nd house in Twin Cities area, Bloomington.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Apple Valley

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's no excuse for a lousy playoff atmosphere. But it's probably true. All season, it's felt like we were on a collision course for a Western Conference Finals matchup between the Rockets and Warriors. If/when that arrives, that's when the fans will go apesh-t. They were really into the regular season matchup between the two teams 3 months ago at Toyota Center.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn’t making an excuse. I was severely disappointed in the crowd yesterday and hoping we actually turn up for the Warriors.

7. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I got a recorded call by Matt Thomas urging me as a ticket holder for Game 2 to put on the free t-shirt they will be passing out and to be in my seat before tipoff at 7. The message also said that there will be $2 hot dogs and $5 beers before tipoff to encourage us to get there early. The Rockets are doing what they can to get the crowd involved.

KelvinCato13 and Harrisment like this.
  8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

They need to make it $1 beer all night

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see what $5 beer does. How much are most places charging for beer?

The first time they did the $1 beer was great, but I guess they lost money so they limited it to small beers and limit one, and now it's $5. Also the lines were too long for hot dogs last time because they didn't open enough stands.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

and it wasn't at every bar inside tc either so the lines for $1 beers were super long

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think beers are usually $9.

12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Greedy Rockets jacked the beer price to $14 for a bottle...The ****? 2nd round playoffs and the stadium is only 70% filled. Greedy bastards.

bilaal14 likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Was the crowd during last year's playoffs this bad? I've always known that regular season games were spotty. I also could always bank on an awesome crowd for playoffs. This is perplexing.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The crowds were crazy hype for every Astros series in the playoffs. Don’t know why the TC experience is so bad.

persian hoopa and mario_v like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was better, but still weak in comparison to pretty much every other team in the playoffs...the crowd for game 6 was so damn embarrassing tho, the place was like 30% full at tip...Harden and the rest of the team didn’t show up, but that was after the crowd didn’t show up either

mario_v likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Man if you guys have the chance, it's preferable to just walk to 8th wonder, drink a few beers and get to the game buzzed. So much cheaper. Of course, earlier starts don't really give time for this.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

They need the prices reduced for the vendors walking around the seats. Reducing prices at concession stands just means people will be in line buying beer instead of in their seats once the game begins.

CK Johnson likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, it's a discount but places around tc have cheap beer too. That's why $1 made sense

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I remember when we had K-mart I would go to games alone while having two tickets.

At 2 minutes to halftime I would walk over to Dirt Bar and drink 4 Lone stars (about $10 total) in 15 minutes and go back to the game. That's how much I was willing to avoid buying beer in TC.

Mr. Clutch likes this.